• Show
Clear All
  • offthemark
    Established Member
    • Jan 2004
    • Germantown, TN, USA.
    • BT3100

Posting Pics

I must be dense today but I can't seem to figure out how to post pics the way I want. I've read the other threads but don't seem to get the paper clip icon mentioned. I can upload the pictures as attachments but can't seem to place them in the posts where I want them. Any help would be appreciated.

Mark
    Mark
    --------
    "There are no stupid questions - just stupid people"
  • RayintheUK
    Veteran Member
    • Sep 2003
    • Crowborough, East Sussex, United Kingdom.
    • Ryobi BT3000

When preparing your post, click on the "Go Advanced" button. Type the text you want, then go down below the box and click on "Manage Attachments." This gives you the "Browse" buttons to locate your pictures and upload them.

Once you've done that, the paperclip icon (third along from the font window at the top of the composition box) should then show the uploaded pics when you click on the down-arrow alongside it. Your choices now are to insert each picture individually, by placing the cursor where you want the pic to be, or inserting all the pics, then typing the text in between them.

Inserting pics is best done on a new line. Do a couple of returns, then click the cursor between paragraps. Insert - you'll get the {ATTACH}unique ref number{/ATTACH} tags in your message (with square brackets, not curly ones), which shows that the insertion was successful, but does not show the pic - you have to preview the post to do that.

You can cut and paste the pic reference to move it around if it's not where you want it first go. HTH

Ray
    Did I offend you? Click here.

Comment

• offthemark
      Established Member
      • Jan 2004
      • Germantown, TN, USA.
      • BT3100

Thanks Ray. Because of your post, I went and poked around my users options. Turns out I had the option for simple posting enabled. Changed it and now everything works fine.

Mark
      Last edited by offthemark; 07-04-2006, 07:12 PM.
      Mark
      --------
      "There are no stupid questions - just stupid people"

Comment

• RayintheUK
        Veteran Member
        • Sep 2003
        • Crowborough, East Sussex, United Kingdom.
        • Ryobi BT3000

Originally posted by offthemark
        Turns out I had the option for simple posting enabled. Changed it and now everything works fine.
        That's great, Mark. Looking forward to some more pictures now!

Ray.
        Did I offend you? Click here.

Comment

Working...