Clear All
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

Got a few extra bucks? 80/20 miter saw stand will spend them for you

https://mailchi.mp/e02d215631f9/raci...6?e=370a0826b7

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	230.3 KB ID:	853072​$1799.99, Miter saw not included. Fence stop $130 option. It does look really nice and of course you can get all the 80/20 extrusions and fasteners you want to make a even fancier setup.
    Last edited by LCHIEN; 11-23-2022, 03:52 AM.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

That's pretty cool.
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• cwsmith
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2005
      • NY Southern Tier, USA.
      • BT3100-1

I was just remarking to my wife this morning about how expensive some of these shop additions have gotten. While I realize some woodworkers enjoy those kind of enhancements, I look at it like a real luxury, show item.

We're supposed to be woodworkers and so many things I see online and in catalogs could easily be built for a fraction of the cost. Our builds may not be as pretty, but they function the same. Personally I prefer, "look what I built" over "look what I could afford to buy".

CWS
      Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

• dbhost

dbhost
        commented
        Editing a comment
        Wood, or aluminum, it's a cool build. However it sounds like this is a pre packaged kit...

• LCHIEN
        LCHIEN commented
        Editing a comment
        80/20 is a firm that sells aluminum extrusions with lots of t-channels and specialty fasteners for making scaffolds and industrial-type racks and custom equipment setups. They are a bit pricey but some hobbyiests have used them. They sell seconds on eBay or used to. THis is a kit they cut to length and provide all the parts, but the advantage is that you can buy more 80/20 stuff and add on to your hearts content. Or make other custom jigs that look like they have the same appearance.
    Working...