This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• capncarl
    commented on 's reply
    Do you have an outside the building main?

• Stan
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20221202_102040.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	853174 Finally got the panel installed today. Ain't she a beaut!
    Last edited by Stan; 12-02-2022, 08:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• dbhost
    replied
    But you're not in the highly desirable he says sarcastically area of Bedais TX... I think the only employer anywhere near there is the state prison outside of Huntsville.. It's kind of the middle of nowhere's ville and not much agriculture is being done in the area so the land isn't very valuable I mean yeah it's not nothing but it's not super expensive.

In all fairness I guess it's been a smile and I haven't paid attention to property values a friend of mine had a small house and shop building kind of thing it was actually a very large dog kennel his ex wife was a breeder in 10 acres in bedi In all fairness I guess it's been a smile and I haven't paid attention to property values a friend of mine had a small house and shop building kind of thing it was actually a very large dog kennel his ex wife was a breeder in 10 acres in Bedais guess they sold it home about 8 years ago for a $150000 of course values have gone up since then but 5 to 10 acres without the buildings is going for about that much right now.

Honestly if I didn't have to go in to town to make a living it would be heaven to me. Fairly isolated I could literally hunt whitetail deer from my back porch and have plenty of space for a shop....

My friend when he own that property happened to be a high school teacher in Magnolia Texas so he had a fairly long commute over some very bad roads.

Leave a comment:

• Stan
    replied
    Uhhh... we have power, a well and a septic system.

Leave a comment:

• dbhost
    commented on 's reply
    Those properties are almost completely off grid. They have power, water is from a well, and sewer is a septic system. It is more or less middle of nowhereville with a house, shop building would have to be built. Like I said, I love that property by me and that house, but I just can't see myself forking over for a new house without a winning lotto ticket...

• Stan
    replied
    Wow, $150K for 5-10 acres, if that includes a house with even a small shop - that would be simply amazing.
    Haven't seen prices like that around here for decades.

Leave a comment:

• dbhost
    replied
    I am in a developed subdivision that is bordered by older, well, not HOA subdivision neighborhood. The lots those houses are on are typically 3 acres or so. There is one particular house, set back from the road with plenty of land, and it actually has a workshop building. I think the guy that owned it was a race car builder as his hobby. Anyway my wife and I LOVE that property, and the old house. It IS up on the market I beleive as part of an estate liquidatation, but honestly, unless I win the lotto, not gonna happen. The house need lots of TLC, and even as it sits it will probably fetch half a million... Honestly if I could get fiber / high speed cable internet and work remotely, I know where there are similar properties, literally just out in the boonies that I can grab for less than $150K on 5-10 acres... The issue is proximity to jobs...

Leave a comment:

• Stan
    replied
    Originally posted by dbhost
    Very nice.. I would love to sell this house and find a smaller house on a nice piece of land that I could build one of those on.
    Took a good number of years, but we finally found a place that met almost all our needs. The only major thing missing was a shop, but building one from scratch has been rewarding.
    Everything was moving right along until about a month ago and then scheduling and supplies became issues. Should have already been in the shop and setting up tools, but now it looks like early spring before that can happen.

Leave a comment:

• dbhost
    replied
    Very nice.. I would love to sell this house and find a smaller house on a nice piece of land that I could build one of those on.

Leave a comment:

• Stan
    started a topic Shop is one step closer

Shop is one step closer

Just got the inspection results for electrical to the shop. Passed and the lines should be pulled from the transformer within two weeks.
    While waiting for the panel to be powered, the son brought over his 7500W generator so I wired up the 220V shop heater last night. Want to get that running to warm it up enough to get some extra spray can foam shot into the gaps.
    Will also be able to power up some of the tools to get some trim work taken care of, and a couple of the small projects the wife wants done for the new house.
    Then it is just a matter of waiting on the weather to get the spray insulation taken care of and I'll be moving in.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Stan; 11-22-2022, 09:42 PM.
Working...