Shop Layout Programs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shop Layout Programs

I am trying to figure out a workable layout for a small shop. We are getting ready to sell our house and go full time in an RV. Where we are going to set up our home base I will have 2 outbuildings. One is an 8x8 that will be dedicated for her crafts room. the other one will be split into a 8x8 or so storage room and the rest will be a small wood shop. The Grizzly shop planner is down and no estimation when or if it will be back. anyone know of any basic, simple to use, shop layout programs? Every link that came up on a search turned out to be dead.
    Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
    Fools because they have to say something.
    Plato

8x8? Wow... Okay well.... Honstly you need to think in 3D space, so Sketchup. However the Sketchup Web stinks, you want the desktop version and they started charging quite a bit for it.

Please keep us posted on the progress...

FWIW, I am working on building a truck bed camper, not for full timing, but for work travel. I.E. as long as I get 4G / 5G, I can keep working, and I want to be able to travel into Mexico, the PNW, midwest etc.... and come back to TX to keep up with our local community...
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

I've used Visio with a set of templates created by Harvey Chute many years ago. His site has been offline for at least a decade, but I have the templeate and can send it if you have a working copy of Visio
      Chr's

Comment

I would be interested in that visio template as well.
        Harumpf!
        GrumpyDad

Comment

I am interested in the visio template.... I have a working copy but its some years old.
          Loring in Katy, TX USA
          If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
          BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

The file is attached. The template is from Visio 93 or 97, so it should work with any version of Visio imaginable.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by twistsol; 11-27-2021, 09:03 PM.
            Chr's

Comment

• LCHIEN
              LCHIEN commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks.......
          Working...
          X