4ft LED flourescent direct replacement tube bulbs.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

Hmmm, I have a stash of 6 T12 fluorescent tubes in the garage if anyone needs some close to Katy.
    Gonna have to recycle them somewhere probably.
    May not be brand new... I think I took a case of them (removed to be trashed) when my workplace changed out T12 to T8 FIXTURES and bulbs back about 1990 or so. Just 6 left.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• dbhost
      Slow and steady
      • Apr 2008
      • League City, Texas
      • Ryobi BT3100

Just FWIW, there is a reason I am trying to drive to LEDs, yes I have T12 bulbs to replace my burnt out ones, but I also have a smart switch for my shop lighting that has a 600w max rating.

I have 7 T12 fixtures so 14 bulbs at 32w each, 448w total watts. The LED tubes are 18w each typically, so we are talking about nearly halving the energy used, and more concerningly the load placed on the smart switch.

If I do the triple panel screw in light, I can delete the 7th T12 fixture as well so there is that.

The bulbs that tfisher linked to look pretty good. I am thinking those might be the way to go...

Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• LCHIEN
        Internet Fact Checker
        • Dec 2002
        • Katy, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 vintage 1999

The Beyond Bright 3000 lumen three wing screw in lights claimed to be 40 W. I measured 43 and 46 on two samples I checked.
        I have no real way of checking lumens, its extremely hard and complex.
        They do seem to put a lot of light on the worksurface, though.
        $14.99 at Bed Bath Beyond and they always flood the market with 10 or 20% coupons.

1/17/2021 - $14.99 sale is over at BB&Beyond, now $25.sale; $5 off $29.95
        Last edited by LCHIEN; 01-17-2021, 09:41 PM.
        Loring in Katy, TX USA
        If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.

Comment

• dbhost
          Slow and steady
          • Apr 2008
          • League City, Texas
          • Ryobi BT3100

Does Bed Bath and Beyond have decent shipping rates? Or curbside pickup? I'm not going into any stores right now, and I believe Harris County is currently under a Stay At home order...
          Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• LCHIEN
            Internet Fact Checker
            • Dec 2002
            • Katy, TX, USA.
            • BT3000 vintage 1999

I did curbside. Placed order online. I can probably give you a coupon code. They send me one a week but they are only good for a week. Let me know.

1/17/2021 - $14.99 sale is over at BB&Beyond, now $25.sale; $5 off $29.95
            Last edited by LCHIEN; 01-17-2021, 09:41 PM.
            Loring in Katy, TX USA

Comment

• Tom Slick
              Veteran Member
              • May 2005
              • Paso Robles, Calif, USA.
              • sears BT3 clone

I am in the process of converting all of our fixtures at work over to LED through attrition. I have about 48 T5 and 24 T8 direct wire led bulbs in service, all are on 8+ hrs a day, indoors, outdoors, no issues of any kind with them. The bulbs were purchased from the electrical supply house and are mostly sylvania brand.

Anything is a significant upgrade to T12, they've been obsolete for a couple decades. Often you can use 1/2 the number of LED replacement bulbs in a T12 fixture and have the same amount of light.
              Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Comment

• dbhost
                Slow and steady
                • Apr 2008
                • League City, Texas
                • Ryobi BT3100

Originally posted by LCHIEN
                I did curbside. Placed order online. I can probably give you a coupon code. They send me one a week but they are only good for a week. Let me know.
                Found them on Amazon for cheaper. Ordered a few of them as my attic lights need to be upgraded some too since I can't see where the Christmas ornaments need to go...

Comment

• dbhost
                  Slow and steady
                  • Apr 2008
                  • League City, Texas
                  • Ryobi BT3100

Well, for now, I am still using T12s since I had them. I cannot use my ceiling mount air cleaner on the same circuit at the same time due to limits of the smart switch. HOWEVER, I simply run the air cleaner power over to one of the wall circuits and I am good to go...

So for now, I will stick with this setup until the flourescent tubes run out. Hopefully by then the LED lighting will be a more settled and standardized market...

Comment

Working...