• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • atgcpaul
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2003
    • Maryland
    • Grizzly 1023SLX

I've seen some other threads on the price of sheet good. You've got a small fortune there!

I like the natural light you have in there, too.

Comment

• twistsol
      twistsol commented
      Editing a comment
      The 3/4" melamine wasn't in stock at the Menards near me and was $10 a sheet less in Sioux Falls. Since I was there last weekend with the trailer anyway, I bought it there where I had a son in law to help load it and lugged it 200 miles home. Everything else on that rack is various leftovers from projects gone by.
  • atgcpaul
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2003
    • Maryland
    • Grizzly 1023SLX

Originally posted by twistsol
    I decided to go with LVP
    I've only installed it over a plywood subfloor. Can you install it directly on concrete or did you have to add an underlayment?

Comment

• twistsol
      twistsol commented
      Editing a comment
      The type I bought at Menards would void the warranty if you used any underlayment other than a 6 mil poly over concrete. I've installed other laminates, but not LVP over concrete and they all required an underlayment and/or a vapor barrier of some sort.
  • twistsol
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Cottage Grove, MN, USA.
    • Ridgid R4512, 2x ShopSmith Mark V 520, 1951 Shopsmith 10ER

It's been busy at work and lots of weekends so not much progress lately. I got the dust collection ducting installed today and yesterday. 8" main trunk with 4 6" drops. Still a way to go until it is usable. I'm hoping to get the cabinets under the slatwall which will be the miter station installed tomorrow.

The spiral pipe I bought at Menards is cone shaped. 7 15/16" at one end and nearly 8.5" at the other. I had to recrimp a number of my fittings to get them to go into the narrow end.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2262.jpeg
Views:	219
Size:	244.7 KB
ID:	844308
    Chr's

Comment

Working...