• Ryobi BT3000 & Delta Milwaukee 10" tilting Table circular saw

Nice dust control system,

Comment

• capncarl
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2007
      • Leesburg Georgia USA
      • SawStop CTS

Slick Geek..... My Clearview system is installed in the corner of the shop (concrete slab, stick construction with osb on inside and outside walls and hardyplank skin) Outside the shop I noticed quite a bit of noise, a nice loud hum. I'll have to check how far away it can be heard but doubt any neighbors can hear it. Inside the shop the muffled siren sound probably drowns this out. In the mechanic said of the shop where I have the table saw set up and use the planer and drums sander, I can barely hear the collector running, there is more sucking noise from the air being pulled into the saw. I shutter to think of how hard it will be to get to the upper components of the dust collector, as much sound deadening materials and walls as I have surrounded it with.

My next dust collector project is to install an overhead blade /dust guard.

Comment

• twistsol
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2002
        • Cottage Grove, MN, USA.
        • Ridgid R4512, 2x ShopSmith Mark V 520, 1951 Shopsmith 10ER

Originally posted by d_meister
        This is way down the list of recent posts below "grayed" out previously seen posts. There's a number of bold new posts at the top, but this cyclone one is bold way down the list. I noticed this behavior a few days ago before Capncarl mentioned it. I'm using Win 10 with Vivaldi browser, which has a Chrome engine.I select "Recent Posts" immediately after opening the sawdustzone.org site.
        The sorting issue is a known bug in vBulletin 5 that was reported in 2014. It has beeln slated to be fixed in each patch since 5.1.0 and we're now on 5.3.0. I'm not optimistic that this will be corrected any time soon.
        Chr's

Comment

• Slik Geek
          • Dec 2006
          • Lake County, Illinois
          • Ryobi BT-3000

Originally posted by capncarl
          Outside the shop I noticed quite a bit of noise, a nice loud hum. I'll have to check how far away it can be heard but doubt any neighbors can hear it.
          I'll have to see how loud mine is outside! Fortunately, my nearest neighbor on that side is over 300 feet away with trees in between.

My next dust collector project is to install an overhead blade /dust guard.
          I love my Shark Guard. I never used blade guards on table saws before the Shark Guard. Now, I hate to use a table saw without the guard! The Shark does good on dust collection.

Comment

• Slik Geek
            • Dec 2006
            • Lake County, Illinois
            • Ryobi BT-3000

I questioned the debris that continuously spun around inside fhe cyclone. All the forum research i read discussing this the "experts" said was caused by vacuum leaks below fhe cyclone in fhe trash drum. Mine always has debris spinning around and to see if it was caused by a trash can leak i bagged the whole thing. No leaks, and stuff still spins, so the experts need fo find another reason for fhis.
            capncarl
            Perhaps my discovery will help. Last night I finally put my newly installed shop and dust collector through some real woodworking activity with my son. While he was cutting on the bandsaw, I thought I would inspect the cyclone. I had dust continuously spinning around inside the cyclone, even when no dust was getting pulled in. I started feeling around the ducting as it enters my CV1800 cyclone. I could feel suction at the overlap seam where my first pipe exited from the cyclone. I reasoned that this was robbing me of some valuable suction, so I grabbed the aluminum duct tape. (I'm not finished so I haven't sealed up the pipe seams).

The tape fixed the leak. A short time later, I looked at the cyclone and noticed no debris spinning for the first time! And then it hit me - that leak was causing turbulence in the air flow close to the cyclone. Turbulence, I had read, would result in debris spinning continuously. Sealing up that leak stopped my turbulence.

Comment

Working...