Simple DIY Shop Made items for use in the shop - what have you made?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by Wedic1
    I'm planning to do the little Home DIY, It's a little phone case stand, but I haven't design yet and I finding light and perfect wood for it!
    I think phone case should be similar like smallest chair!
    give me some suggestion to do better!
    Phone holder here:
    https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...-tilted-groove

Click image for larger version

Name:	fetch?id=842673&d=1612341685&type=medium.jpg
Views:	335
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	844923
    Click image for larger version

Name:	fetch?id=842783&d=1612676445&type=medium.jpg
Views:	365
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	844924 Click image for larger version

Name:	fetch?id=842674&d=1612341756&type=medium.jpg
Views:	365
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	844925
    Last edited by LCHIEN; 08-19-2021, 12:52 AM.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Dedpedal
      Established Member
      • Feb 2020
      • Palm Coast Florida
      • One BT3000 in use and one for parts. Plus a BT3100

A short tour of my shop with the wall of sleds and jigs. Half the fun of making something is making something to make it with. IMG_2121.MOV

Comment

• LCHIEN
        LCHIEN commented
        Editing a comment
        Two oscillating sanders!

And "Half the fun of making something is making something to make it with."... That's me.
    • Dedpedal
      Established Member
      • Feb 2020
      • Palm Coast Florida

Originally posted by Dedpedal
      A short tour of my shop with the wall of sleds and jigs. Half the fun of making something is making something to make it with. [ATTACH]n850360[/ATTACH]
      I’ve had the Wen for a year or so but just got the Ridgid last week for a steal. $150:and that included the cabinet and three boxes of Klingspoor belts!

Comment

• dbhost

dbhost
        commented
        Editing a comment
        You certainly did get an amazing deal on that Rigid!

So you have a dedicated oscillating spindle sander, and a dedicated oscillating belt sander it looks like to me!
    • Dedpedal
      Established Member
      • Feb 2020
      • Palm Coast Florida

The rigid is also a spindle sander but why bother to switch it out when I have the other.

Comment

• LCHIEN
        LCHIEN commented
        Editing a comment
        because eventually you run out of room?

• Dedpedal
        Dedpedal commented
        Editing a comment
        For certain. Or money.
    • dbhost
      Slow and steady
      • Apr 2008
      • League City, Texas
      • Ryobi BT3100

LCHIEN He is aplying the you can't have too many clamps approach to sanders.... LOL...

Actually I have had my Rigid now for well over a decade and I think I have used the spindles 3 times... Nice to have, not enough to justify a separate machine though...

All kidding aside though, Dedpedal are you planning on keeping both sanders or is the Rigid gonna do the entire duty for you? I've got multiple routers to save switchover time between them, so no judgement here, just curiosity on other peoples approach and solutions to solving problems...
      Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• Dedpedal
        Established Member
        • Feb 2020
        • Palm Coast Florida

Originally posted by dbhost
        LCHIEN He is aplying the you can't have too many clamps approach to sanders.... LOL...

Actually I have had my Rigid now for well over a decade and I think I have used the spindles 3 times... Nice to have, not enough to justify a separate machine though...

All kidding aside though, Dedpedal are you planning on keeping both sanders or is the Rigid gonna do the entire duty for you? I've got multiple routers to save switchover time between them, so no judgement here, just curiosity on other peoples approach and solutions to solving problems...
        I haven’t decided just yet. As long as there’s room I’ll keep it. Like your routers( I have 4), it’ll save on time. If I luck into a drum sander I’ll be selling a number of tools to make room for it.

Comment

• nicer20
          Established Member
          • Sep 2007
          • Dublin, CA
          • BT3100

I am building this cutoff storage cart for which I need to cut these 4" PVC pipes at 45 degrees.

Finding great applications for my PC Bandsaw ! But I know cutting round stock can be dangerous on a bandsaw. Additionally, I want to be able to cut 45 degrees again and again. So here is a jig I built which is working out great.
          Attached Files

Comment

• LCHIEN
            LCHIEN commented
            Editing a comment
            But why the 45° bevel? Looks?
        • nicer20
          Established Member
          • Sep 2007
          • Dublin, CA
          • BT3100

LCHIEN: Here is why 45 degree bevel. Saw this picture on Pinterest and looked like a cool idea to store all my cutoffs. I am guilty of saving so many of them. Storing and Finding the right size is a challenge though. The bevel also helps with driving screws when assembling.
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...