Where to move my shop to while doing the walls?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pelligrini
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2007
    • Fort Worth, TX
    • Craftsman 21829

Originally posted by dbhost
    Having said that, I don't see how say 1/2" OSB under that drywall would be any different from say having studs behind the drywall...
    It really depends. Just because the studs are wood and the osb is a wood product doesn't always mean covering some wood with a gypsum panel makes a fire rated assembly. Most jurisdictions call for a 1hr rated wall between the attached garage and dwelling unit. Exterior walls can be required to be rated depending on seperation distances, etc. I think I have seen some rated assemblies using OSB under a gypsum panel. Quite often larger structures will use OSB for shear walls.
    Erik

Comment

• Eric
      • Jun 2003
      • Cocolalla, ID
      • Grizzly G0691 & BT3100

Borrow the friend's trailer, and since he can't be without it for a month then have him help you do the work and you should be done in a week or 2.

Comment

• Mr__Bill
        Veteran Member
        • May 2007
        • Tacoma, WA
        • BT3000

Ya know Dave, there is lots of unused space in the house.... long walls in the halls just begging for some sheet goods to be stored against them and if you box up the small stuff the full boxes make for good fort building for the young ones. Throw a table cloth on the table saw and you have a new serving table on wheels. I'll bet once the garage is empty there will be no hesitation on the part of your wife if not to help you to at least encourage you to finish quick and not find anything else for you to do while the project is in play.

Bill
        fish don't know they are in water

Comment

• dbhost
          Slow and steady
          • Apr 2008
          • League City, Texas
          • Ryobi BT3100

Originally posted by Mr__Bill
          Ya know Dave, there is lots of unused space in the house.... long walls in the halls just begging for some sheet goods to be stored against them and if you box up the small stuff the full boxes make for good fort building for the young ones. Throw a table cloth on the table saw and you have a new serving table on wheels. I'll bet once the garage is empty there will be no hesitation on the part of your wife if not to help you to at least encourage you to finish quick and not find anything else for you to do while the project is in play.

Bill
          fish don't know they are in water
          Very sneaky, I like it... Actually the epoxy floor coatnig is more her idea than mine... Her brother did his garage (auto hobbyist) and she loves the look of that floor...
          Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

Working...