• Show
Clear All
  • crokett
    The Full Monte
    • Jan 2003
    • Mebane, NC, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3000

Shop Heat Suggestion

I have been looking into heating my basement with other than the woodstove. I've decided to go with electric cove heat. I am also thinking it would be great for the shop. So if you are looking for a solution for heating a shop or garage, look into it. Safer and more efficient than space heaters and you can get t-stat control if you like.
    David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.
  • Prax
    Forum Newbie
    • Dec 2009
    • Perry, GA
    • Craftsman 10" Contractor Series

My concern on these is the build-up of sawdust in them. Are they easy to take apart and clean periodically or did I miss something when I looked up the cove heaters. Otherwise, having them up out of the way is a great idea.
    LOML, sawdust and beer - what more could a man ask for?

Comment

• crokett
      The Full Monte
      • Jan 2003
      • Mebane, NC, USA.
      • Ryobi BT3000

Good question on the sawdust. I will look into it. I didn't think about that. Along those lines, anybody have concerns about something like a kerosene heater in the shop? Aside from the usual dangers of open flame, carbon monoxide, etc I mean.
      David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

• Mr__Bill
        Veteran Member
        • May 2007
        • Tacoma, WA
        • BT3000

I lived in two houses with radiant ceiling heat, hated it. I always felt my brain was cooking while my feet were freezing. That said I now have an electric fan forced air heater in the garage/shop. That when first turned on really does bake the head and leave the feet cold. I have to have it on for a while with a fan at the floor moving air before it's sort of comfortable. Radiant will at least heat the tools faster.

Bill

Comment

Working...