• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jackellis
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2003
    • Tahoe City, CA, USA.
    • BT3100

I have to drag a hose around my shop which creates a safety hazard. This looks like a nice idea and the HF version is reasonably priced.

Comment

• gnal41
      Forum Newbie
      • Oct 2009
      • central Indiana
      • bt3000

I purchased the Rapidair garage kit clone from HF and I found it just as advertised, a very nice quality home shop system. The air line tubing is rather stiff and is difficult to try and uncoil. My experience was I had to use a clamp at least ever 48 inches, 36 inches would be better, to retain the tubing. The kit has been installed about three weeks with a less than average use and all it well!

Comment

• milanuk
        Established Member
        • Aug 2003
        • Wenatchee, WA, USA.

Very cool... I've been procrastinating about installing an air system in my basement shop area for a long while... that system looks like it just might get the nod.

The thing that worries me a bit, as mentioned in one of the threads linked to on another site is the parts availability down the road - at least from HF. Also... if you want to expand your system or use a non-standard configuration or just have to replace parts... how hard is it to find extra pieces-n-parts? Will the Rapid Air parts interchange with the HF parts?

Looks interesting otherwise.

Monte
        All right, breaks over. Back on your heads!

Comment

• drsung
          Handtools only
          • Dec 2007

I unfortunately did not make it to Harbor Freight on New Years Day but I still plan on purchasing the air system with a 20% off coupon here shortly. I will post a review on the installation when it gets done.

Thanks!

Comment

• gnal41
            Forum Newbie
            • Oct 2009
            • central Indiana
            • bt3000

Air Line System

I added a drop to a recently installed Harbor Freight Garage Air Kit and ordered the needed parts from Rapid Air. The Rapid Air parts worked great and the quality seems a notch better than the HF parts.

Comment

• Black wallnut
              cycling to health
              • Jan 2003
              • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
              • BT3k 1999

Originally posted by milanuk
              The thing that worries me a bit, as mentioned in one of the threads linked to on another site is the parts availability down the road - at least from HF. Also... if you want to expand your system or use a non-standard configuration or just have to replace parts... how hard is it to find extra pieces-n-parts? Will the Rapid Air parts interchange with the HF parts?

Monte
              My WAG is that since this is tubing which is sized industry standard Outside Diameter and the fittings are NPT threads then you should have 100% interchangability.

I find the anti-HF statement on Rapid-air's website comical at best. This style of airline fittings have been used for years (15+ that I know of) and I doubt that Rapid Air was the first. I'd give them the benefit of the doubt that they were perhapos the first to market a kit for the home shop application.
              Donate to my Tour de Cure

marK in WA and Ryobi Fanatic Association State President ©

Head servant of the forum

©

Comment

• RodKirby
                Veteran Member
                • Dec 2002
                • Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
                • Mao Shan TSC-10RAS

Originally posted by wardprobst
                Returns: "Pack of 10, 24 grit 4-1/2" Industrial Aluminum oxide Grinding Wheels for Metal"
                Downunder ... 1" = 25.4mm

Comment

• dewi1219
                  Established Member
                  • Dec 2005
                  • Birmingham, AL

Rod, this is an old thread and the air line system has been removed from the HF website. I posted this thread today because it has been marked down in my local store. If you go to the HF website and search for "66747" (the item number for the air plumbing kit) the search returns a 14 piece air accessory kit.

Comment

Working...