• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pelligrini
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2007
    • Fort Worth, TX
    • Craftsman 21829

dbhost- Yea, I do love the upper storage area. Hmm, I might have to stop by Acadamy to see what they've got.

I just built some pegboard door storage stud space cabinets this last weekend. http://www.bt3central.com/showthread.php?t=39255
    Erik

Comment

• dbhost
      Slow and steady
      • Apr 2008
      • League City, Texas
      • Ryobi BT3100

Just watch the sales at Academy and Wally World and you should find something... Nothing good seems to be on sale right now...
      Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• Hellrazor
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2003
        • Abyss, PA
        • Ridgid R4512

Originally posted by jhart
        I think you need a few more clamps.

Haha I wasn't going to say it. I saw it and thought it, but decided to remain silent.

Comment

• Pappy
          The Full Monte
          • Dec 2002
          • San Marcos, TX, USA.
          • BT3000 (x2)

I'm guessing from the 10 x 10 awning that Pelligrini's shed is a 10 x 12 so he has a few more square feet, but not a lot. I like both the extra height afforded by the gambrel roof and the walk in capability of the wood storage. Both things I should have done, and still might.

The awning cloth gave good shade but didn't help with rain. It has been replaced with corrugated fiberglass panels over the work deck. The boardwalk and break are open now but I have some left over shadecloth that I am going to grommet and install if it is big enough.
          Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
          Fools because they have to say something.
          Plato

Comment

• pelligrini
            Veteran Member
            • Apr 2007
            • Fort Worth, TX
            • Craftsman 21829

You've got the sizes right. That storage is walk in, but I got to keep bent over. It's 5'4" x12'. The exterior wall is about 4'6" tall. I can't tell you how many times I wacked my head on the 2x4 rafters. I really should have made it truely walk in.

I like that big work deck of yours.
            Erik

Comment

• pelligrini
              Veteran Member
              • Apr 2007
              • Fort Worth, TX
              • Craftsman 21829

Originally posted by Pappy
              I like both the extra height afforded by the gambrel roof and the walk in capability of the wood storage. Both things I should have done, and still might.
              The upper storage is nice. I have a 2' deep shelf on both ends and some 18" wide ones run down the sides.

Another nice thing about the height is that it does stay a little cooler below during the summer. I put one of those turbine attic vents on it a few years ago, and that really helped. Last summer I put a high volume fan from one of my rackmount computer cabinets blowing up through the turbine vent. That made a world of difference. It will also vent fumes from finishes well too.
              Erik

Comment

• dbhost
                Slow and steady
                • Apr 2008
                • League City, Texas
                • Ryobi BT3100

Originally posted by pelligrini
                The upper storage is nice. I have a 2' deep shelf on both ends and some 18" wide ones run down the sides.

Another nice thing about the height is that it does stay a little cooler below during the summer. I put one of those turbine attic vents on it a few years ago, and that really helped. Last summer I put a high volume fan from one of my rackmount computer cabinets blowing up through the turbine vent. That made a world of difference. It will also vent fumes from finishes well too.
                I know you are using the space between the studs for storage... BUT... If you pack that thing with some R13 insulation, that little barn of yours might just be tolerable in a Texas summer when you pull that ventilation through... At a minimum you might want to put some reflectix under the roof to try to keep the heat at bay a little bit.
                Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

Working...