X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DaveS
    • May 2003
    • Minneapolis,MN

peg board storage case

My neighbor was throwing away a bookcase he aborted (he only made it 8" deep), so I took it off his hands. Paired it with a piece of peg board (broken in half) that I pulled out of a dumpster. Added some pine strips here and there, and 2 sets of heavy duty hinges. My wife laughed at me, because I was supposed to be cleaning the garage, and I made this thing instead. Anyway, I like it. The tool arangement is only temporary until I get a minute to organize it logically.

• Whaler
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Sequim, WA, USA.
    • DW746

Anything that fits the shop works.

I'd invite you over for coffee and to take a look at mine, just give me a weeks notice so I can clean it up.
    Dick

http://www.picasaweb.google.com/rgpete2/

Comment

• tribalwind
      • Feb 2004
      • long island, ny.

hey thats nice

i saw a really cool design in a mag a long time ago.
      what the guy did was attach the pegboard to the wall sticking outward like the doors on yours,they were hinged and spaces a couple inches apart..
      so it was like flipping pages of tool, or liek the poster racks in a mall kinda...sure looks like a grea use of space.they could be pushed to one side so was somewhat flush with wall,(well not flush but out of the way)
      namaste, matthew http://www.tribalwind.com

Comment

• Bollox
        Established Member
        • Nov 2003
        • Indianapolis, IN, USA.

quote:Originally posted by tribalwind

hey thats nice

i saw a really cool design in a mag a long time ago.
        what the guy did was attach the pegboard to the wall sticking outward like the doors on yours,they were hinged and spaces a couple inches apart..
        so it was like flipping pages of tool, or liek the poster racks in a mall kinda...sure looks like a grea use of space.they could be pushed to one side so was somewhat flush with wall,(well not flush but out of the way)
        I think it was "Woodsmith" magazine had some plans for something like that a while ago. Not sure if I saw it in the magazine or one of their books.

Mike.

Comment

Working...