X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • final_t
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2003

Whee! I'll start!

Even tho' it's a few months out of date and I've re-organised and added to it.

• Sam Conder
    Woodworker Once More
    • Dec 2002
    • Midway, KY
    • Delta 36-725T2

Nice organization. Question... Do you have trouble with your peg hooks coming out when you grab a tool? That it what I hate most about pegboard and slatwall for tool storage.

Sam Conder
    BT3Central's First Member

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." -Thomas A. Edison

Comment

• final_t
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 2003

For the most part, no - I have the little black plastic clips that all hook packages come with no, keeps them on the board. There one or two that can't be used with the clips, so I used a wire twisty-tie from a bread loaf baggie to keep them in place. Helps that I have access to both front and back since the pegboards slide on rails.

Comment

• boblon
        • Aug 2003
        • Florida, USA.

Looks great. I was thinking of doing something similar. I was trying to decide how to hang/mount the moving panels. I've seen some that use store bought tracks. Seems to me that could add up. From your picture, it looks like you've come up with your own solution. Care to share how you mounted the panels?

Thanks,
        BobL.

"Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from poor judgement."

Comment

• final_t
          Veteran Member
          • Nov 2003

quote:Originally posted by boblon

Looks great. I was thinking of doing something similar. I was trying to decide how to hang/mount the moving panels. I've seen some that use store bought tracks. Seems to me that could add up. From your picture, it looks like you've come up with your own solution. Care to share how you mounted the panels?
          The panels are hung from standard closet door rails, offset about 3.5" to 4" from each other. The trick bit is that the bottom of the panels do not use a regular guide. I buried two parall 1/8" steel rails in the surface of the bench, and buried rare earth magnets (3 per panel yeilding about 60 pounds of pull) in the underside of the panels. As long as the clearance between the rails and the magents is close but not touching, it works great.

More pics are here

And there should be a thread in the Finished Projects archives about this thing, too.

Comment

• SteveR
            Established Member
            • Feb 2003
            • USA.

quote:Originally posted by Sam Conder

Nice organization. Question... Do you have trouble with your peg hooks coming out when you grab a tool? That it what I hate most about pegboard and slatwall for tool storage.
            Sam, a trick I learned aways back....Try a hotmelt glue gun. Works like a champ!!. My LOML was helping me move my shop and could not get the old ones out. I walked over and tried..had to take pliers and pull and pull and pull to get most of them out. Some I had to leave because it was breaking off layers of the pegboard. Just squeeze some in the hole then along the vertical metal piece where it will touch the pegboard and be generous with the metal part that will actually go thru the hole and into the back side...and be quick with it, cuz it sets up so quick....you'll be surprised.
            In my new shop, I am doing a trial run with my tool locations to be sure I am happy before I commit with the hotmelt because it works so well.
            BTW Final_T...looks great!!
            Steve

Comment

• BobSch
              • Aug 2004
              • Minneapolis, MN, USA.
              • BT3100

quote:Originally posted by SteveR

quote:Originally posted by Sam Conder

Sam, a trick I learned aways back....Try a hotmelt glue gun. Works like a champ!!. My LOML was helping me move my shop and could not get the old ones out. I walked over and tried..had to take pliers and pull and pull and pull to get most of them out. Some I had to leave because it was breaking off layers of the pegboard. Just squeeze some in the hole then along the vertical metal piece where it will touch the pegboard and be generous with the metal part that will actually go thru the hole and into the back side...and be quick with it, cuz it sets up so quick....you'll be surprised.
              In my new shop, I am doing a trial run with my tool locations to be sure I am happy before I commit with the hotmelt because it works so well.
              BTW Final_T...looks great!!
              Steve
              I went the hotmelt way, too, but I just put a small dab about a half inch below the hook so I can pry them off later. I also found some hardware made for ¼ PB that has a second pin that will drop into the next hole down. Works pretty good by itself. Unfortunaely the place I found them doesn't carry a large selection.

I like the magnet trick. Have to try that.
              Bob

Bad decisions make good stories.

Comment

Working...