• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pierhogunn
    Veteran Member
    • Sep 2003
    • Harrisburg, NC, USA.

another ambient air cleaning question

I have 2 300cfm blowers that are on their way to becoming an air cleaner, what is a reasonable size for a furnace filter to allow good airflow and to make the most of those blowers

12VDC, 120W, 20Amax, 4300rpm, 300cfm ( from a decomissioned IBM blade center)

if you have those devices in your data center, you only need to put ground on pin 1 and +12 to pin 4

Dan
    It's Like I've always said, it's amazing what an agnostic can't do if he dosent know whether he believes in anything or not

Monty Python's Flying Circus

Dan in Harrisburg, NC
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by pierhogunn
    I have 2 300cfm blowers that are on their way to becoming an air cleaner, what is a reasonable size for a furnace filter to allow good airflow and to make the most of those blowers

12VDC, 120W, 20Amax, 4300rpm, 300cfm ( from a decomissioned IBM blade center)

if you have those devices in your data center, you only need to put ground on pin 1 and +12 to pin 4

Dan

on the internet, i see a recommendation (rule of thiumb) of 2 sq in to 2.5 sq. in for each CFM for plain old furnace filters.
    if you use one blower at 300 CFM, you'll need 600 to 750 Sq. inches
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• pierhogunn
      Veteran Member
      • Sep 2003
      • Harrisburg, NC, USA.

so according to math, I would need 1500sq.in of filter, so 3 24X24 furnace filters would fill the bill?

600X2.5=1500
      24X24X3 =1728

so that should cover me and leave a little to spare for clogging the filters with dust and dirt

nice
      It's Like I've always said, it's amazing what an agnostic can't do if he dosent know whether he believes in anything or not

Monty Python's Flying Circus

Dan in Harrisburg, NC

Comment

Working...