• Show
Clear All
  • Jim Frye
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Maumee, OH, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3000 & BT3100

What Glue To Use?

I need to join a plastic, pre-finished molding that's about 3" wide to the edge of a 5/8" thick hard maple piece that will become a valance to hide and mount custom blinds. The valance will be a bit over 85" long and the molding wraps around each end. I don't know the type of plastic the molding is made from, but it was originally installed by a custom window treatment company. So, I'm thinking e6000 for the glue and using an 18 ga. finish nailer to secure the joint. I'd also think a contact adhesive would work easier as it wouldn't need clamping, but I'm not up on that type of glue. Suggestions?
    Jim Frye
    The Nut in the Cellar.
    ”Sawdust Is Man Glitter”
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

There's always the website,

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	54
Size:	288.1 KB
ID:	855210​​
    Attached Files
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Jim Frye
      Jim Frye commented
      Editing a comment
      Great web site! It's been bookmarked. I'm having problems finding the appropriate contact adhesive, but the Household Goop link references e6000, so I'll give it a go. I'm familiar with e6000 use and I think I can handle the joining procedure. It does provide some working time and I just have keep it off of the exposed surfaces.
      Last edited by Jim Frye; 06-06-2023, 04:19 PM. Reason: added blather
Working...