Miter saw outfeed supports with flip stops. Version 1 hard fail. Gathering my wits.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

Miter saw outfeed supports with flip stops. Version 1 hard fail. Gathering my wits.

So one of the items I like to do is crosscut on my miter saw as it is FAST and EASY to set up production stops, until it isn't. What do do?

So the typoical outfeed support / fence with flip stops lept to mind, and I had just the right piece of scrap 3/4 ply laying around.

Measure, measure again, check again, set the table saw,a nd rip away, And then it happened...

So this 10 year old piece of cutoff Home Depot Aracuo pine ply that was lazer straight until I ran the saw blade through it, got a noticable curve / warp to it.

Good thing I have more to go with, expecially since AFTER making the cuts, I figured out I actually want it wider.

If you don't recall, my miter saw table outfeed goes past / in front of my upright freezer door. Well, I am going to need a wider support there as I stopped at the end of the miter saw table, and I can get at least 10" more outfeed and fence in there.

Oh and FWIW, the flip stops are just cheap Powertech flip stops, the 3" units from Amazon. And yes, I am going to once the fable, fence, T track etc.. are installed and set up, I am going to line out and set up the stick on measuring tape to actually make this that much more useful. I will be doing these on both sides to support outfeed as well as provide supports and production stops for both the miter saw and the mortiser.

Not going to bother more with it tonight, but wil dig in more tomorrow...
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

Working on Version 2. Got the measurements which are honestly SOTP (Seat Of The Pants) measurement, basically far enough that I get the most out of it without hitting the freezer door...

So far so good. The basic T is done, Corner braces to be cut from existing scrap, and will create cross cleats across the bottom to use for attaching to the bench. Then I work the one on the other side...

It is nasty hot today and I have yet to go out this season and turn on the AC in the shop. VERY close to ready to do that...

Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• dbhost
      Slow and steady
      • Apr 2008
      • League City, Texas
      • Ryobi BT3100

Okay so the left side is almost done. Cast off shelving material to the rescue. Straight, flat, big enough, and here...

I extended the T track so that the slip stop worked all the way to the ends of the wooden extension table...

Flip stop is a 3 inch PowerTech from Amazon, got them in a 2 pack and the T track is from a VERY old Rockler T track kit I got when I first joined BT3Central... I am thinking I should trim the lower part below the actual deck piece to allow easier access to the router bits.

Attached Files

Comment

• samsamenlar
        Handtools only
        • May 2023

Repetitive cuts are easy with this flip stop on your fence. Fits T-track accepting 7/16 width fasteners
        duck life

Comment

Working...