• Show
Clear All
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

A new TV means I need a valet...

Okay I know the title doesn't make much sense but bear with me...

My wife wanted a new TV in the master bedroom, the biggest one we could fit in the armoire. And it HAD to have FireTV enabled... So I went ahead and snagged an
    Insignia NS-39DF510NA19 39-inch 1080p Full HD Smart LED TV- Fire TV Edition.

The width just barely makes it into the armoire, and it simply put fits nicely. However it is considerably taller than the Vizio 32" we moved out, which means we can no longer put our clothes hangers on the rod above the TV...

To mitigate this I have opted to take shop scrap pine and whip up a valet of sorts to hold our hangers, sadly neither my wife, nor I have ever mastered the art of stowing winter clothes durning summer and summer clothes during winter... So the hangers can't stay unused in the closet...

The design is pretty simply, trestle legs / uprights with a simply hung of closet rod as a hanger holder / spreader.

The main pieces are cut, and the curves are cut and sanded. I still need to ease the edges with the router, cut the pockets for the closet rods, and drill for wooden dowel pins to attach the rods to the sides.

The bigger issue is going to be figuring out what finish to use on this...
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.
  • capncarl
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2007
    • Leesburg Georgia USA
    • SawStop CTS

Sounds like you need a tread mill! Most people that I know have all kinds of clothes hung on them, I doubt they ever use them for exercise.

Comment

• dbhost
      Slow and steady
      • Apr 2008
      • League City, Texas
      • Ryobi BT3100

LOL... Seriously think so!
      Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• dbhost
        Slow and steady
        • Apr 2008
        • League City, Texas
        • Ryobi BT3100

Well, still waiting on getting the inspiration to clean up the workbench so I can round over the edges of the pieces. I have the centers for the dowels marked.

I am not certain, but I suspect I am going to pre finish the pieces before assembly. I just want the finish to be complete and without gaps and pre finishing seems to work best for me...

Comment

Working...