• Show
Clear All
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

I really hate dry wall.

We have been in panic mode trying to get the house remodel is done as possible before some friends of ours visit from the West Coast this April. I've had some drywall ishi's that have been hearing over my head for years that I just don't want to do and well here I am doing drywall, and then doing the same drywall over again because my wife doesn't like the way the texture was applied...

Some things I have noted in the process. I managed to lose all but one of the tips to my Harbor freight texture gun in Harbor freight does not carry replacements. The replacement tips from home depot for whatever branded as they carry fit but you have to use the Harbor freight threaded collar.

It is far better to mix up your dry wall texture from powder then to take pre mix in thin it down.

No matter how good the respirator and dust collection is you are going to end up with a pound of drywall dust in your nostrils.

It would seem that with my smallest orifice the texture is too fine and with the next size up it is far too course I just can't win on this one.

Dry wall tends to hide some other repairs that I think I would have been happier just not knowing that they needed to be done but I'm glad they're done now.
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.
  • Condoman44
    Established Member
    • Nov 2013
    • CT near Norwich
    • Ryobi BT3000

I agree. I have watched pro's do drywall and it reminds me why I limit what I do with it. As far as dust control I bought one of those water filter vacuum attachments many years ago. If I have a repair bigger than a screw head I use it. Dust control issues are in the water bucket. Besides I like the mesh sanding pads better.

Comment

• dbhost
      Slow and steady
      • Apr 2008
      • League City, Texas
      • Ryobi BT3100

I do have a thien cyclone And it works great with my shop back however a lot of the spaces I'm having to work the drywall in are so small that it's just been a huge problem getting The sander the hose the dust collector blah blah blah all on a very small space I'm working in closets and water closets mostly and it's been a Royal pain in the butt
      Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• Condoman44
        Established Member
        • Nov 2013
        • CT near Norwich
        • Ryobi BT3000

The setup I use is a regular vacuum, the water filter and 20 of flex hose that is about 1" diameter. I can leave the vac and filter outside the closet to work.

Comment

• dbhost
          Slow and steady
          • Apr 2008
          • League City, Texas
          • Ryobi BT3100

Well, I have the bathroom ceiling closed up, taped, and floated, and I applied the stomp texture last night. With any luck I can get to paint today and get those fixtures on the ceiling!

Comment

• Carlos
            Veteran Member
            • Jan 2004
            • Phoenix, AZ, USA.

Drywall sucks, and it never looks right if I do it. This is why I hire someone. It's pretty cheap overall, and he makes it look like nothing ever happened in that area.

Comment

Working...