• Show
Clear All
  • onedash
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2005
    • Maryland
    • Craftsman 22124

I cheated

So I started this project two years ago for my brother. I had the sides cut but then realized I didn't think I could cut the slots straight. So it sat around almost two years. Recently I found someone with a CNC machine to cut the slots. He also noticed that the sides were not even and he fixed those for me as well. So this weekend I cut the rabbit for the back. Going to cut the shelves next weekend hopefully. I'm not going to do the through mortises and wedges. Hopefully glue will hold it all together. This is by far the hardest thing I have ever attempted. If it was all square it would have been simple but the slope on all four sides is tough. A full sized drawing (template) would have made it much easier I think and cutting the slots on square sides would have been a lot easier (I think). Anyhow, I hope to get this thing done finally. Got the garage all cleaned up and ready for some work last weekend.
    YOU DONT HAVE TO TRAIN TO BE MISERABLE. YOU HAVE TO TRAIN TO ENDURE MISERY.
  • leehljp
    Just me
    • Dec 2002
    • Tunica, MS
    • BT3000/3100

Looking forward to seeing the finished project. Please take a photo and post it!
    Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• onedash
      Veteran Member
      • Mar 2005
      • Maryland
      • Craftsman 22124

less than a year later. Posted a pic in finished projects.
      YOU DONT HAVE TO TRAIN TO BE MISERABLE. YOU HAVE TO TRAIN TO ENDURE MISERY.

Comment

Working...