• Show
Clear All
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

Shop maintenance plans.

So I have more cleanup to do, but I wanted to mention several maintenance items that need to be done... (After the AC gets fixed and it is tolerable to get in there).

#1. Belts. Particularly the belts on the drill press, are getting dog eared. I am going to pull the belts and try to find replacements. There are no NAPA auto supply houses nearby, and the guys at Auto Zone and Oreilly, well if they can't find it in an application guide they won't help... I figure hopefully Standard Auto should be able to help, or maybe a farm supply place over in Alvin Texas...
    #2. Cast iron table tops need to be gone over again. There is a light layer of surface rust / patina on my cast iron tables. Got the WD-40 and steel wool ready to go.
    #3. Trash the 55 gallon Thien separator, go back to an inlet ring separator to save space, and back hassles emptying it out. My plan from here out is just to keep a stock of the clear lower bags and just toss the whole bag at once, don't bother emptying into a trash can.
    #4. Create a shelf above the mechanics tool box to house the shop vac. I want that bit of floor space back, and the shop vac gets VERY little use..
    #5. Eliminate the 20 gallon Thein shop vac trash can separator. Excellent separator, but a space hog.
    #6. Remove the wide table kit, legs, and the monster size table top. Fab up a proper router table extension to work with the standard rails.
    #7. Re-adjust my standard rails. They are about 1/16" off and I want them dead on.

Lots to do, not enough me to do all of it!
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.
Working...