• Show
Clear All
  • poolhound
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2006
    • Phoenix, AZ
    • BT3100

Originally posted by GrumpyDad
    Congrats. I would be interested in pricing on your Ryobi parts and pieces.
    Basically market rate or a little under. If you want multiple items I am open to a deal. PM me.

Jon
    Jon

Phoenix AZ - It's a dry heat

We all make mistakes and I should know I've made enough of them
    techzibits.com

Comment

• Carlos
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2004
      • Phoenix, AZ, USA.

Once you go 240, you never go back. Everything just runs better. I ended up doing a 240/120 70a sub to the second garage, can now run two tools at once.

Comment

• poolhound
        Veteran Member
        • Mar 2006
        • Phoenix, AZ
        • BT3100

Originally posted by Carlos
        Once you go 240, you never go back. Everything just runs better. I ended up doing a 240/120 70a sub to the second garage, can now run two tools at once.
        Its the 3 horses I am looking forward to!! I have a 50A sub in the shop now and have never had an issue powerwise.
        Jon

techzibits.com

Comment

• Carlos
          Veteran Member
          • Jan 2004
          • Phoenix, AZ, USA.

Even just converting the 1.75 HP bandsaw from 120 to 240 made it run better. There really is a difference.

Comment

• poolhound
            Veteran Member
            • Mar 2006
            • Phoenix, AZ
            • BT3100

220 now there, just have to figure out how to get saw from rockler to my house and more importantly into garage. The main box on the palette is 400lbs. I think the only option is renting a trailer and using heavy duty dollies.

Carlos, you dont have a portable forklift just hanging around do you?

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210505_100827.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	844070
            Jon

techzibits.com

Comment

• Carlos
              Veteran Member
              • Jan 2004
              • Phoenix, AZ, USA.

Hah, funny enough, my brother does have one. I've got a truck, and they can forklift it there, no? Can the boxes be taken apart to be moved separately?

Unfortunately I have to fly out of here early tomorrow for a family medical emergency (going well, but need to help with recovery). I can't help until Wednesday of next week.

And only a 20a circuit?

Comment

• poolhound
                Veteran Member
                • Mar 2006
                • Phoenix, AZ
                • BT3100

Originally posted by Carlos
                Hah, funny enough, my brother does have one. I've got a truck, and they can forklift it there, no? Can the boxes be taken apart to be moved separately?

Unfortunately I have to fly out of here early tomorrow for a family medical emergency (going well, but need to help with recovery). I can't help until Wednesday of next week.

And only a 20a circuit?
                I have the truck and they can put it in but its getting it out thats the challenge. Most parts are separate but that one box is big and heavy. it has the main saw body and the 2 wings. even removing the wings its still going to be 300lbs+. also once you unstrap from the palette its becomes even more unstable to try and lift. I think the dolly method will work, thanks.

It only needs 15A, has a 6-15 plug
                Jon

techzibits.com

Comment

• Carlos
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jan 2004
                  • Phoenix, AZ, USA.

Sure, but when you come to terms with your 240 addiction, you will need more. I too started with 20. Then 30. Now a 70 subpanel.

Comment

• LCHIEN
                    Internet Fact Checker
                    • Dec 2002
                    • Katy, TX, USA.
                    • BT3000 vintage 1999

Here Jon, you going to need this
                    https://www.amazon.com/Enerlites-Com...0243408&sr=8-3

Click image for larger version  Name:	dual gang 240 wall plate.JPG Views:	0 Size:	20.0 KB ID:	844077
                    I just had to see if I could find one.
                    Loring in Katy, TX USA
                    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
                    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• poolhound
                      Veteran Member
                      • Mar 2006
                      • Phoenix, AZ
                      • BT3100

Originally posted by LCHIEN
                      Here Jon, you going to need this
                      https://www.amazon.com/Enerlites-Com...0243408&sr=8-3

Click image for larger version Name:	dual gang 240 wall plate.JPG Views:	0 Size:	20.0 KB ID:	844077
                      I just had to see if I could find one.
                      LOL that very one was ordered from Amazon yesterday.
                      Jon

techzibits.com

Comment

• mpc
                        • Feb 2005
                        • Cypress, CA, USA.
                        • BT3000 orig 13amp model

Instead of a pickup truck, what about renting a small moving van or truck that has a liftgate? Won't be cheap but will be a back-saver. When I last moved, most of the truck rental places only had trucks with ramps - yuck. I thought rolling the bandsaw on that steep incline was asking for trouble. Enterprise however rents box trucks with lift gates to individuals, not just companies, and it worked great for me.

Many places also rent vans, including the smaller Chevy Express and Nissan NV200 sized ones. The load floor on these is much closer to the ground, compared to a regular pickup truck bed, and might work a lot better with ramps and/or dollies.

mpc

edit: I've used my HF engine hoist to move heavy things too - lifts them enough to get a wheeled platform underneath them.
                        Last edited by mpc; 05-05-2021, 04:10 PM.

Comment

• Carlos
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jan 2004
                          • Phoenix, AZ, USA.

Jon, that's a good point, I believe the Home Depot trucks have lifts and they are super cheap.

Comment

• capncarl
                            Veteran Member
                            • Jan 2007
                            • Leesburg Georgia USA
                            • SawStop CTS

I’d forget the pickup truck idea, good way to get yourself mashed and your new saw bent up! Trailer or big truck with a lift gate! After you get it on the ground at your house you can wrestle it in. The neighbors might not be impressed, but if it works. I had to lift my Powermatic saw out of a trailer with my engine lift, drive the trailer out from under the saw and set it on 4 harbor freight furniture mover dolly’s. After that it was a breeze.

I purchased a benchtop milling machine at an equipment show (650 + pounds) they were able to set it in the back of my F150 on a couple of pallets with a forklift. It must have been 9 feet tall in the truck and a real bear to lash down. When I got home I couldn’t lift it with my small engine crane, it wouldn’t reach high enough. It took several days to fabricate an A frame and chain fall to lift the mill up high enough to drive out from under it. Where there is a will there is a way!

Comment

• poolhound
                              Veteran Member
                              • Mar 2006
                              • Phoenix, AZ
                              • BT3100

Originally posted by capncarl
                              I’d forget the pickup truck idea, good way to get yourself mashed and your new saw bent up! Trailer or big truck with a lift gate! After you get it on the ground at your house you can wrestle it in. The neighbors might not be impressed, but if it works. I had to lift my Powermatic saw out of a trailer with my engine lift, drive the trailer out from under the saw and set it on 4 harbor freight furniture mover dolly’s. After that it was a breeze.

I purchased a benchtop milling machine at an equipment show (650 + pounds) they were able to set it in the back of my F150 on a couple of pallets with a forklift. It must have been 9 feet tall in the truck and a real bear to lash down. When I got home I couldn’t lift it with my small engine crane, it wouldn’t reach high enough. It took several days to fabricate an A frame and chain fall to lift the mill up high enough to drive out from under it. Where there is a will there is a way!
                              good advice, I am going with the trailer and a couple of furniture dollies approach.
                              Jon

techzibits.com

Comment

• jussi
                                Veteran Member
                                • Jan 2007

Congrats on the new saw. I’m sure you’ll be very happy with it. I love my PM2000 and the ss is probably the only saw I would upgrade to
                                I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Comment

Working...