X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • G-Hag.56
    Handtools only
    • Mar 2017

Rockwell 9" Homecraft Tablesaw

I inherited my dad's Rockwell table saw about 20 years ago, and it has just sat in my garage because the saw-guide is missing. I have not come up with any ideas of how to get a replacement for it.

The biggest issue I have is, how do I BEST determine the "depth and width of the channel to describe when looking for another guide?" I'm assuming that dealers for this brand are long gone, so I would probably be looking for a "compatible" guide rather than an exact match.

I would gladly welcome ANY reasonable information of how to best go about find a compatible guide for this saw!
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

Saw guide????

Table saws come with two devices, one for guiding making rip cuts called a rip fence, that is parallel to the blade.
    The other is a miter gauge that has a rotatable face for making miter angled cuts and this gauge slides in a channel parallel to the blade but has a fence that is usually 90 degrees to the blade for making crosscuts..

Helps if we all talk the same language. Do you mean a rip fence? Or do you mean a miter fence/miter gauge?

MIter gauges do have a channel they run in. The standard widely used is 3/4" WIDE and 3/8" deep.... You could always measure yours.

Last edited by LCHIEN; 03-30-2017, 02:23 PM.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• capncarl
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2007
      • Leesburg Georgia USA
      • SawStop CTS

G.hag, include a photo if you can. Lots of help is available.

Comment

Working...