• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Carlos
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2004
    • Phoenix, AZ, USA.

RBI Hawk precision scroll saw

RBI 220 VS precision scroll saw in excellent working condition. I replaced many of the wear items on the saw recently, and cleaned everything thoroughly. It has been upgraded with the newer Loc-line blower and air bellows. Runs smoothly at all speeds. It includes a whole bunch of blades in storage tubes as shown. I may have a few other spare parts, but wasn't able to locate them before listing--still looking and may or may not be included. It has an added shelf on the stand with strong reinforcements to hold wood and supplies. The rolling base in the photos is not included in the sale. i'm selling this because I just rarely use it, and go to the bandsaw more often. I don't do much small stuff at all.

I have no idea what it would cost to ship this, so it's local pickup or you arrange shipping. I can work with you on shipping for whatever it costs. I can disassemble the stand to minimize the size of the package if you'd like. I am located at the North end of 67th Avenue in Peoria, AZ 85383. I work from home and can arrange pickup most any time.

I'd like to get $350 firm for it, I think that's reasonable for what it is and the great condition.
  • Jim Frye
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Maumee, OH, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3000 & BT3100

Pictures?
    Jim Frye
    The Nut in the Cellar.
    ”Sawdust Is Man Glitter”

Comment

• Carlos
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2004
      • Phoenix, AZ, USA.

Oops, thought I posted them...
      Click image for larger version

Name:	rbi-saw1.jpeg
Views:	1073
Size:	177.2 KB
ID:	838518Click image for larger version

Name:	rbi-saw1.jpeg
Views:	1144
Size:	177.2 KB
ID:	838524Click image for larger version

Name:	rbi-saw2.jpeg
Views:	1375
Size:	172.5 KB
ID:	838520

Name:	rbi-saw3.jpeg
Views:	1215
Size:	114.6 KB
ID:	838522Click image for larger version

Name:	rbi-saw4.jpeg
Views:	1084
Size:	165.5 KB
ID:	838521Click image for larger version

Name:	rbi-saw5.jpeg
Views:	1286
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	838523Click image for larger version

Name:	rbi-saw6.jpeg
Views:	1056
Size:	128.1 KB
ID:	838519

Comment

• Carlos
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2004
        • Phoenix, AZ, USA.

Name:	rbi-plate.jpeg
Views:	991
Size:	215.8 KB
ID:	838526Click image for larger version

Name:	rbi-blades.jpeg
Views:	976
Size:	121.2 KB
ID:	838528
        Attached Files

Comment

• LCHIEN
          Internet Fact Checker
          • Dec 2002
          • Katy, TX, USA.
          • BT3000 vintage 1999

Looks like a beautiful piece of machinery. Impressive.
          Loring in Katy, TX USA
          If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
          BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• leehljp
            Just me
            • Dec 2002
            • Tunica, MS
            • BT3000/3100

Carlos,

I posted a link to this on the Scrollsaw Woodworking forum. Several people use the Hawk and really like it.
            Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• Carlos
              Veteran Member
              • Jan 2004
              • Phoenix, AZ, USA.

Thanks! It is a great machine, I think. I just never got how to use it. I always suck at it, and it's not all that interesting. I have other tools that do what I wanted it for. The space it occupies is a place I could put to better use.

Comment

• cwsmith
                Veteran Member
                • Dec 2005
                • NY Southern Tier, USA.
                • BT3100-1

I've never really got too deep into scrolling. I bought a fairly decent (I think) Ryobi SC180VS back in 2003 that was the same design of the Ridgid. I've only used it a couple of times though and it's still sitting in the original box.

That said, your Hawk looks like an absolutely fantastic scroll saw at a terrific price and I'd snatch it up in a minute if I had a place to put it! I think that it is a terrific deal and it should go quickly with anyone actually in the hobby. Do you have any idea what shipping would be on it?

CWS
                Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

• Carlos
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jan 2004
                  • Phoenix, AZ, USA.

I really don't know on shipping. Very sure under $100. It seems like it would be about as big and heavy as other things I've shipped for $60-80. USPS parcel post is pretty cost effective. If it's something you're interested in, we could try to figure it out.

Comment

• cwsmith
                    cwsmith commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Sorry Carlos, I just realized you had already stated you have "no idea what it would cost to ship this" and I should have gone back and reread your original post.... my apologies!

While I am attracted to the purchase I'm afraid I just don't have the room in my rather small 12 x 20 work shed. As it is, I have my 2003 Ryobi still in the box and my son recently reminded me that at my age, I should be considering getting rid of stuff rather than adding to it. ( major aggrevation )

I was more thinking that having some idea of shipping might help you sell it outside your immediate area, and I think your reply did that.

CWS
                • Carlos
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jan 2004
                  • Phoenix, AZ, USA.

Yeah, I guess I should have said that I have some ideas, but they are loose and I really don't know. I'm considering packing it up anyway, and see. If I did know, and it's not a lot, it might sell better. And it gets it out of the way, as right now it lives in some prime real estate. I'd also like to move its mobile base to the edge sander, that has a very flimsy base and is heavy.

Comment

Working...