X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bobdiseren
    Handtools only
    • Apr 2015

BT3000 question

I am new here and was advised to come here about my BT3000. I am going to list it for sale but was told this is the place for BT3000 enthusiasts that may want it. It still works and cuts just fine, however the blade does not want to rise up easy, after the last cleaning I noticed that the thin guides on the locker bracket are a little buggered up and it is very hard to crank up but it will go up, down is easy. I have the router extension table insert, the miter table insert, the fence in 1 year new (I had to buy a new one and found an original new in package). Comes with Diablo Carbide Blade not that old 40 or 60 tip.

Any suggestions or offers?
  • Black wallnut
    cycling to health
    • Jan 2003
    • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
    • BT3k 1999

Welcome Bob. I'm moving your thread to the correct forum for its content. In the condition you describe you would be likely to get more by parting it out. BT3x saws in great condition are worth less than $200. A BT3K with shim problems much less.
    Donate to my Tour de Cure

marK in WA and Ryobi Fanatic Association State President ©

Head servant of the forum

©

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

you have shim problems. It is a fault with BT3000s not so much with BT3100s.
      THe shims, if not kept lubricated, stick and get pulled out making elevation difficult.
      It can be fixed but is not real simple.
      There's more info int he FAQ and on the forum here.
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• graysonh
        Forum Newbie
        • Jan 2014
        • Placerville, CA

Hi, If you do indeed decide to part out the saw I would be very interested in the miter slot table, if you have that. (Not the sliding miter assembly).

Thanks and let me know, by reply or PM

Comment

Working...