HELP!!! BT3000 Motor burned up! NEED REPLACEMENT!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bminor
    Handtools only
    • Sep 2013

HELP!!! BT3000 Motor burned up! NEED REPLACEMENT!

My trusty BT3000 motor has died. The saw has served me well for the past twenty odd years. I need to get this repaired.

I was ripping a large project last week when my motor just stopped.

Flipped the power switch off and on several times, absolutely nothing.

Checked out the auxillary plug assembly, plugged in a drill and turned it on with the BT3000 master power switch, so the switch seems o.k.

Took off the sides of the table saw, checked the brushes, they had at least - 1/2" to 3/4" of carbon left, so they are o.k.

One other thing, when it died I did smell an ominous burnt electrical smell.

I think I am needing a new motor for my trusty old machine.

So, does anyone have one they are willing to part with?

I suppose I could have the motor I have rebuilt. Has anyone ever done this?
    I just love this machine, it has served me well these past years and I am determined not to get rid of it!

bminor
    Currently a sad BT3000 table saw owner looking forward to brighter days ahead.
  • Turaj
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
    • BT3000 (1998)

It certainly sounds that the motor is gone. You don't say where you are located but from time to time you may see a used motor for sale or better yet, a fully operational saw is available (I know right now there are couple of BT3 is available around Toronto). You just have to be patient!

If you know of a good place that can rewind the motor for you, it definitely worth asking (I know few people have gone that route). There is of course brand new motor but extremely expensive and simply does not make any sense!!

Good luck with whatever decision you make
    Turaj (in Toronto)
    "When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading!" Henny Youngman

Comment

• aiyou
      SawdustZone Patron
      • Mar 2006
      • Charlotte, NC
      • BT3100

I have a motor from a used BT3000 available. I've sent you contact details via PM.

Thanks
      Rob

Comment

Working...