X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • teleguy11
    Handtools only
    • Jul 2012

BT3000 Belts

Hey all... I was reffered to this site by my brother. I recently purchased a used BT3000 that was missing the belts. The cheapest I can come up with is $30 a belt. WOW. Does anyone know of a less expensive source for belts?

Thanks,

Jerry
  • leehljp
    Just me
    • Dec 2002
    • Tunica, MS
    • BT3000/3100

Welcome Jerry! I don't know the prices and will let someone else answer this. Has your brother been a member here?
    Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• teleguy11
      Handtools only
      • Jul 2012

Yes.... He owns the same saw, but after talking with him he feels that $30 is a bit high and recommended this forum for a better source.

Thanks,

Jerry

Comment

• dbhost
        Slow and steady
        • Apr 2008
        • League City, Texas
        • Ryobi BT3100

Try m and d mower, or ereplacementparts.com
        Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• JimD
          Veteran Member
          • Feb 2003
          • Lexington, SC.

I think I got mine from sears. They were not $30. I bought an extra set and I don't think I paid that much for 4.

Jim

Comment

• dbhost
            Slow and steady
            • Apr 2008
            • League City, Texas
            • Ryobi BT3100

Amazon shows them for $19.99 each with $9.98 shipping (same cost to ship 2, which would be a good thing...)
            Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• gerti
              Veteran Member
              • Dec 2003
              • Minnetonka, MN, USA.
              • BT3100 "Frankensaw"

For my lathe I had luck at the hardware store. No idea if they'd have the belts for the saw though.

Comment

• Pappy
                The Full Monte
                • Dec 2002
                • San Marcos, TX, USA.
                • BT3000 (x2)

Originally posted by gerti
                For my lathe I had luck at the hardware store. No idea if they'd have the belts for the saw though.
                Not likely since lathes use a standard V belt. The BT-3x has belt unique to the saw.
                Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
                Fools because they have to say something.
                Plato

Comment

• LCHIEN
                  Internet Fact Checker
                  • Dec 2002
                  • Katy, TX, USA.
                  • BT3000 vintage 1999

unique belts for the saw.
                  shop parts.sears.com for the 315.228110 saws, this was one of the popular incarnations of the Sears BT3000.

on diagram

Belt
                  PART NUMBER: 662329-001
                  Substitution: 662329-001 Learn why

$16.02
                  In stock

two required, shipping extra.

You can look up
                  Ryobi bt3000
                  Ryobi BT3100
                  all use the same belts but Sears has them from 16.02 to 21.75 each belt.

Shipping at sears will probably run you about $10.
                  Loring in Katy, TX USA
                  If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
                  BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• KLF
                    Forum Newbie
                    • Jun 2006
                    • Barrington NH
                    • BT3000 (of course)

Originally posted by leehljp
                    Has your brother been a member here?
                    Yup, I'm here. I don't get on here much, as you can see from my post count. But I've got some good bargains on used BT parts, so I told him to check it out.

Love my saw, BTW. It was funny, earlier this year I was in MD visiting and my brother called, said he just bought a table saw, needed help moving it. So I show up and son-of-a-gun if it wasn't a BT3K in really good shape. He got a great deal on it.

Jerry: check this out: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-V-Belts-OE...ht_1037wt_1139

Not exactly a bargain, but the free shipping makes it worth considering.
                    Last edited by KLF; 07-02-2012, 02:51 PM.

Comment

• leehljp
                      Just me
                      • Dec 2002
                      • Tunica, MS
                      • BT3000/3100

Originally posted by KLF
                      Yup, I'm here. I don't get on here much, as you can see from my post count. But I've got some good bargains on used BT parts, so I told him to check it out.

Love my saw, BTW. It was funny, earlier this year I was in MD visiting and my brother called, said he just bought a table saw, needed help moving it. So I show up and son-of-a-gun if it wasn't a BT3K in really good shape. He got a great deal on it.

Thanks for bringing your brother to this forum!
                      Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• greenacres2
                        • Dec 2011
                        • La Porte, IN
                        • Ryobi BT3000

Originally posted by KLF

That seller has a lot of B3xxx parts, as he suggests in his listing it's good to e-mail him before clicking buy it now. Just sayin'. Good guy with a sharp pencil.

earl

Comment

• teleguy11
                          Handtools only
                          • Jul 2012

Hey Ken... Dang.... missed it. Ill keep searching and thanks to all that replied with the help...

Comment

Working...