X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lester Moore
    Forum Newbie
    • Jun 2012

Big Score

Got lucky on ebay, scored a barely used newer model BT3000. Taking the motor as a spare, already have just about 2 of everything else from buying another late model saw when my motor burned up.

As a result I would like to give back to you guys, and share whats left over.
    I have for sale:

2 SMT, one almost new, so new I can still feel some of the machining burrs from punching and drilling the holes in it. Both SMTs are complete with fence and hold down clamp. The 2nd from my first replacement motor purchase, is in good condition.

$80+ shipping for the new
    $60+ shipping for the older

4 Rip fences, yes I typed 4. One from the original saw, got tired of changing setups for routing after building a routing table on extension wings. Purchased another for $75. Obtained 2 additional with buying two additional saws.

Will sell at least two maybe 3. Have a much better routing setup now!

2 router table aluminum table inserts
    2 sets of rails
    1 factory extension table, the one with one leg, and this sucker is heavy. Thought about cutting the table up for another router table or a saw table insert.

will be posting some pictures over the next few days.

Dont really know the pricing for the rest of the stuff, but have been looking at ebay and craigslist. Wanted to give the folks here first shot.

Les
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

FYI the "extension table with one leg" is probably a folding outfeed table.

FWIW your prices seem a bit high, here's some historical asking prices here:

Rip fence assembly - $40
    Front and Rear rails (mounting hardware included) - $40
    Accessory table - $30 (SOLD)
    Switch and cord - $20
    Blade Guard Assembly - $25
    Sliding Miter Table Assembly (missing original bolt and knob on fence) - $35 (SOLD)
    Motor with belts pulleys - $75

SOLD - SMT complete -$30 (guide rails have a couple repaired areas -- epoxy fills -- but works smoothly and accurately)
    SOLD - SMT fence, complete with lock, pin, indicator, etc. plastic end caps have some minor saw cuts $15
    Miter clamp kit - $15
    SOLD - Guard assembly - $20 (complete - pawls, top cover, springs, riving plate etc)
    SOLD - Rip Fence front locking assembly complete $25 (casting, handle, etc.)
    SOLD - Motor-$75 - 15 amp
    SOLD - Accessory router table-$25
    Switch-$10

SMT-$35
    SMT fence-$10
    Rip fence-$25
    Full rail set-$45
    Motor-$75
    Accessory table-$25
    Blade wrenches-$5
    Rail mounting hardware-$5
    Switch-$10

I have the motor for $75, long rails for $40, SMT for $25, rip fence for $25

Fence Rails (Pair) - $40 (SOLD)
    Accessory Table - $30
    SMT with fence - $30
    Main Table Top - $20
    Switch - $10
    Wide Table Kit (No legs) - $60 (SOLD)
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Lester Moore
      Forum Newbie
      • Jun 2012

Thanks for the heads up. I did pay premium price for this last saw. Mr Seller was a pretty tough seller. However, his goods were as promised. He made probably 12 birdhouses on the thing. I know from the blades on the motor cord. They were so clean, as well as the contacts, and the brushes, are almost an inch long. This saw may have probably 12 hours on it.

In no one wants the stuff here, I can sell wherever. I just felt it was the right thing to do, posting it here. Giving owners and craftsmen a chance to get OEM parts.

I only priced 2 items. The rest I dont honestly know.

Les

Comment

• cabinetman
        Gone but not Forgotten RIP
        • Jun 2006
        • So. Florida
        • Delta

Originally posted by Lester Moore
        Thanks for the heads up. I did pay premium price for this last saw. Mr Seller was a pretty tough seller. However, his goods were as promised. He made probably 12 birdhouses on the thing. I know from the blades on the motor cord. They were so clean, as well as the contacts, and the brushes, are almost an inch long. This saw may have probably 12 hours on it.

In no one wants the stuff here, I can sell wherever. I just felt it was the right thing to do, posting it here. Giving owners and craftsmen a chance to get OEM parts.

I only priced 2 items. The rest I dont honestly know.

Les
        It's difficult to price out new/used parts and accessories. If there are "going rates", that sort of gives you a guideline. But, condition of the items, and the demand could be in your favor.

Comment

Working...