X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • danielboone
    Forum Newbie
    • Jan 2011

Parting out a BT3000

I decided to leave the "brotherhood" or so I hear it called. I hope I am not shunned for this. I have a BT3000 with accessory kit. The main problem is a big one. The motor is bad!! I have owned for about 10 years & never used it a whole lot. My main mistake was ripping a treated 2x4 with I suspect a dull blade. If it wasn't for that I would have remained a brother well into the future. Below is my list.

Main body, stand & saw of BT3000 (all bolts & parts carefully kept)
    All the covers to get access to the motor
    Original Ryobi blade (probably not very good)
    Router mounting kit
    Throat plates including dado plate
    Rip fence
    Miter gauge
    Blade guard with anti-kick back teeth
    Caster mounted on side of stand
    Miter slot table (new in box)
    Zero clearance throat plate (new in box)
    Miter clamping kit (new in box)
    Dust bag (New in box, I am pissed all these years I didn't even realize I had this)
    Wrenches
    & more stuff

I will probably post it on the Kansas City Craigslist and will put a link to it. Ideally I would like to sell the whole thing as one item, but I will definately consider parting it out as well. Question. What do you think I can sell the whole thing for as oppossed to parting it out? If somebody wanted the whole thing I would be happy to put it on a pallet & ship, but I suspect that would not be cheap. Start making me offers on parts if you want to.
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

Just FWIW, are you sure the motor is dead, or do you just need new brushes?
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• danielboone
      Forum Newbie
      • Jan 2011

I am not sure. I actually never got the darn thing off the saw. Even if I did I wouldn't know how to tell. Maybe you should buy the whole thing from me and then you can say "told you so" after you fix it. :-)

Here is my craigslist ad: http://kansascity.craigslist.org/tls/2266081582.html

Comment

• eezlock
        • Feb 2006
        • Charlotte,N.C.
        • BT3100

parting out BT3000

Before parting it out....you might want to check out the power cord and switch
        with an ohm meter and see if they are still in good condition. I have seen motors
        for other tools that someone said "they are junk" when it was a bad power cord
        or switch that needed replacing instead. A lot cheaper and easier to repair also.

First clue to diagnosing a bad motor is (1) smell the case and see if it has a burnt small to it (2) check into further with and ohm meter (3) further disassemble to replace defective parts.(4) bad motor switches, brushes,
        bearings and other small items have and can cause a lot of motors to be junked, when only a few small repairs are needed.
        Hope this helps.....eezlock

Comment

• KomaToast
          Established Member
          • Aug 2003
          • Fort Worth, Texas, USA.

You can bypass the switch and the main cord by plugging the plug from the motor into an extension cord.
          If the motor runs it's the switch or the main cord.
          If the motor doesn't run it could be just the brushes which are easy to change if it's a 15 amp motor.
          If it's a 13 amp motor the brushes are no longer available.

I have a like new 13 amp motor and a low hour 15 amp motor.

KT
          http://BT3000.com

http://TinyURL.com/Chene

Comment

• danielboone
            Forum Newbie
            • Jan 2011

I actually already bought a new saw. I really am not interested in fixing it, but thanks for trying to help me out. Really...I appreciate it. I think I better just part it out. Anyone interested? I can put some prices up there if that would help.

Comment

• jbrukardt
              Forum Newbie
              • Mar 2011

I sent you a PM a couple days ago, but no response. Still interested in selling parts?

Comment

• Futzer
                Handtools only
                • Mar 2011

Looking for Aux Table

title says it all. shipping to Toronto, Ontario.

Katou

Comment

• navank
                  Forum Newbie
                  • Nov 2009
                  • Folsom, CA
                  • BT3000

I would like to get the two blade spacers from the arbor. I took them out to switch to dado blades. But now I want to go back to my regular blade and can't find the removed spacers anymore!

I'm also interested in the miter slot table if you still have it.

Please let me know how much it would be shipped to Folsom, CA?

Thanks!

Comment

• jbrukardt
                    Forum Newbie
                    • Mar 2011

he mentioned in a pm he isnt selling it anymore, that he has someone from craigslist interested.

Comment

• danielboone
                      Forum Newbie
                      • Jan 2011

Thanks for those of you who were interested and sorry that I was not able to sell you any parts. I really had hoped to sell it all in one transaction since I was not a big fan of shipping lots of little pieces and still having a bunch of stuff to get rid of or throw in the trash. I honestly thought I would have to part it out, but this evening I did end up selling the whole saw to a local guy. I know some of you are interested in what kind of prices you can get for this. I was able to sell it for $100. I also had another guy who was fairly interested.

Comment

Working...