• Show
Clear All
  • crybdr
    Established Member
    • Dec 2009
    • Lake Mills, WI
    • Ryobi BT3100

WANTED: 128MB Compact Flash Card

I'm having a harder time finding a reasonable source for this than you would think...

I inherited an old digital diving camera with an enclosure that can't take a CF card larger than 128MB. I'm not even sure the camera works - but I don't have a card to test it. Would like to take it on my trip to Roatan in March.

I'm hoping someone here has a card like this 'kicking around' in their 'junk drawer' - they are obviously pretty useless nowadays considering the small storage size.

If you have one - I'd be willing to take it off of your hands for a small fee + shipping. Please PM me if you have said card....

Best,

coryb
    Last edited by crybdr; 02-04-2011, 09:25 PM.
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

Google is your friend...
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• pelligrini
      Veteran Member
      • Apr 2007
      • Fort Worth, TX
      • Craftsman 21829

PM just sent
      Erik

Comment

• crybdr
        Established Member
        • Dec 2009
        • Lake Mills, WI
        • Ryobi BT3100

Thanks for the heads up.

Yeah, I've found lots of online availability for this item (Ebay, Google, Amazon, etc.) - about 20$+ with shipping.

I'm holding out for the 'yeah, I have one that I'm not using anymore....gimme 5$ for it and 3$ for first class mail and I'll send it to you' variety....

This camera may be DOA anyway.

Comment

• crybdr
          Established Member
          • Dec 2009
          • Lake Mills, WI
          • Ryobi BT3100

Wow!

Within 15 minutes - I have a 128MB CF card on it's way to me - thanks Pelligrini! Dealing with Ebay and Craigslist was consistently a 'dead end'...

This forum continues to amaze me - this odd request for obsolete technology, answered in record time...

Moderators can feel free to close this thread.....

Comment

• pelligrini
            Veteran Member
            • Apr 2007
            • Fort Worth, TX
            • Craftsman 21829

It's not olsolete tech, it appears that there is a need for it now.

The box of ISA cards and 386 motherboards I ran across a couple days ago in my closet is obsolete tech.
            Erik

Comment

• dbhost
              Slow and steady
              • Apr 2008
              • League City, Texas
              • Ryobi BT3100

Originally posted by pelligrini
              It's not olsolete tech, it appears that there is a need for it now.

The box of ISA cards and 386 motherboards I ran across a couple days ago in my closet is obsolete tech.
              Are you kidding? If they have 72 pin SIMM slots, I may have the RAM, CDROM, and an old 4GB HDD that just might get that thing going again. That would be a great excuse to do a Gentoo Linux build... See not totally obsolete...
              Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• JSUPreston
                Veteran Member
                • Dec 2005
                • Montgomery, AL.
                • Delta 36-979 w/Biesemyere fence kit making it a 36-982. Previous saw was BT3100-1.

Uhm, IIRC, the 386 boards manly used 30 pin SIMMs and SIPPs. I never saw a 386 that could use a drive larger than 540MB. 486 was a different story. 30 and 72 pin SIMMs could be used together on one I had, and it also accessed drives larger than a gig. That system got hit by lightning twice in a two month periods. Both times, it only took out the modem.
                "It's a dog eat dog world out there, and I'm wearing Milk-Bone underwear."- Norm (from Cheers)

Eat beef-because the west wasn't won on salad.

Comment

• woodturner
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jun 2008
                  • Western Pennsylvania
                  • General, Sears 21829, BT3100

Originally posted by JSUPreston
                  Uhm, IIRC, the 386 boards manly used 30 pin SIMMs and SIPPs.
                  Well, if you (or anyone else) need 40 or 50 NOS strips, PM me :-)
                  --------------------------------------------------
                  Electrical Engineer by day, Woodworker by night

Comment

• Alex Franke
                    Veteran Member
                    • Feb 2007
                    • Chapel Hill, NC
                    • Ryobi BT3100

Ya think those would fit in my Atari 800?
                    online at http://www.theFrankes.com
                    while ( !( succeed = try() ) ) ;
                    "Life is short, Art long, Occasion sudden and dangerous, Experience deceitful, and Judgment difficult." -Hippocrates

Comment

• pelligrini
                      Veteran Member
                      • Apr 2007
                      • Fort Worth, TX
                      • Craftsman 21829

Originally posted by dbhost
                      Are you kidding? If they have 72 pin SIMM slots, I may have the RAM, CDROM, and an old 4GB HDD that just might get that thing going again. That would be a great excuse to do a Gentoo Linux build... See not totally obsolete...
                      I'm sure I've got all the parts needed, 'cept for any jumper diagrams. I think a couple of them have Cyrix chips too. Don't know if my 5 1/4 floppies are good anymore... Anyone have drivers for an Orchid 1mb video card?
                      Erik

Comment

• JSUPreston
                        Veteran Member
                        • Dec 2005
                        • Montgomery, AL.
                        • Delta 36-979 w/Biesemyere fence kit making it a 36-982. Previous saw was BT3100-1.

I know that some of you guys are a little more "seasoned" than me, but I felt like I needed the Geritol pills yesterday. I was talking with a couple of coworkers about our first computers. Both of them got introduced to computers with PII/PIII processors. I mentioned my first was a 286-12 with MFM drives. They had never heard of MFM, RLL or Winchester drives. Didn't bother to ask if they had heard of bubble memory. At least they do remember having to get up to change the channel on the TV.
                        "It's a dog eat dog world out there, and I'm wearing Milk-Bone underwear."- Norm (from Cheers)

Eat beef-because the west wasn't won on salad.

Comment

• gsmittle
                          Veteran Member
                          • Aug 2004
                          • St. Louis, MO, USA.
                          • BT 3100

Not obsolete—they make great plinking targets.

g.
                          Smit

"Be excellent to each other."
                          Bill & Ted

Comment

Working...