This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmur

Ryobi bt3000

I'm trying to find someone who would like to buy a used BT3000 in Georgia. It's in good condition. Not used much. I would also like to know how much to ask for it. It has the stand and everything else.
  • Black wallnut
    cycling to health
    • Jan 2003
    • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
    • BT3k 1999

Define "everything else." There was a rather large assortment of optional goodies that sold with it. If you can take pictures and upload them a make offer might be the way to go.
    Donate to my Tour de Cure

marK in WA and Ryobi Fanatic Association State President ©

Head servant of the forum

©

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

assuming you have the included equipment that often gets lost or mislaid- SMT, SMT miter fence, rip fence, blade guard, and blade wrenches, the saws in working order will bring about $100 to about $200 depending upon condition and the desperation levels of the buyer and seller.

The BT3000 saw has a weakness in that around a third of the saws develop a shim problem that affects the blade elevation mechanism, probably from lack of lubrication that is fixable but takes a bit of effort. That would detract greatly from the value.

Also old BT3000s from 1992-193 may ave the older weaker motor, another negative.
      Read my faq for details.
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Fred K
        Forum Newbie
        • Nov 2010
        • Oregon
        • Ryobl, BT3000

I purchased a used BT3000 about a year ago at a school auction. I paid about $120 for it. It had some of the standard items with it. I think it is an early model.

Comment

Working...