X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • roldogg
    Forum Newbie
    • Aug 2019

Overspray

I've been building some new cabinets in my master bath, and night before last, I finished the assembly, was ready to prime them, but it was storming outside. So, I decided to drag a 15'x20' drop cloth into my outdoor kitchen area and prime them. Since I didn't want to ruin a perfect brush, I primed them using aerosol can. Yesterday, I noticed some slight overspray on the ground, which is slate. Does anyone have any good ideas to possibly get rid of this besides getting on my hands and knees with a rag and paint thinner? I thought about spraying a little paint thinner on it, let it sit for a minute, and then wash it off with a hose, which I have a pressure nozzle for.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• capncarl
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2007
    • Leesburg Georgia USA
    • SawStop CTS

Sounds like a bigger drop cloth is in order! You might try washing it up with a good pressure washer with concrete cleaner

Comment

• roldogg
      Forum Newbie
      • Aug 2019

I know. I was hoping to avoid using a pressure washer because the slate is brittle. I don't think a larger drop cloth is needed, I think patience. It was storming at the time with strong winds, but I was so happy to be done with the assembly of the cabinets, I couldn't wait until the following day when the weather would be better.

Here are the finished cabinets. The medicine cabinet is in a very awkward spot, and it's difficult to get to everything in the cabinet. So, I built 4 of these, installed full extension soft close drawer slides, and then took the door off the cabinets and attached it to the front of these.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...