X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tjoosk
    Banned
    • Aug 2019

I have one, I think it was the cheapest you can program. But we never have. It is pretty noisy so it would be good to have it run when you aren't around. I use it fairly frequently. It does a pretty good job. But you have to keep wires and cloths off the floor or it gets tangled up and stops. Other than the noise and the need to pick up first, no issues.

Comment

• jussi
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2007

Late to the party here but I went with a Chinese model. Xiaomi mi vac. At the time it was the best reviewed vac I found (even better than roomba's most expenisve model which was close to $900 I think). A unique feature it had over the others (again at the time, other may have this now) is that it mapped you're house. On the app it showed you where it went represented by lines (and more importantly, where it didn't go). So for example if you had a couch that was too low for it to fit, you would know it didn't get that area or if you accidentally left a door closed to a room you meant to vac, etc. Even if it couldn't get access to the an area it would still map it. It also shows you where it is in real time so if it got stuck you would know where it is. It even talked so if did get stuck you could access the app and have it say something like "I'm over here". Again this was a couple of years ago so other manufacturers may have incorporated the functionality. The only somewhat down side was when I bought it you could only buy it from a chinese website (gearbest for me) and so it took a while to get here and since it wasn't optimized for use in US you have to mess with the setup a bit. Not hard but not straight forward also. It looks like you can buy them here now so I'm assuming that's no longer an issue.

As a side now, their version 2 also does mopping. Haven't tried that myself however.
      I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Comment

• LCHIEN
        Internet Fact Checker
        • Dec 2002
        • Katy, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 vintage 1999

Want to keep your floors clean without lifting a finger? Robot vacuums are more capable and affordable than ever, and these top-tested models can help lighten your home maintenance load.

saw this recently if you are considering alternatives.
        Loring in Katy, TX USA
        If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
        BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• roldogg
          Forum Newbie
          • Aug 2019

I have an iRobot Roomba 900 series. I don't have anything to compare it to besides the Neato vac that died and was replaced with this one. I love it, and it does a great job. Whichever one you decide to get, I recommend buying a pack of replacement filters, edge brush (I think only the 900 series have this), and another pair of rollers. I don't replace everything on a regular basis, but when they need to be replaced, it's good to have some on hand. My Roomba also generates a WiFi heat map while it's running around the house, but it's only downstairs. Although not a necessity, it's nice to be able to see where I need it stronger WiFi signal in the house while my floors are being cleaned.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...