• Show
Clear All
  • atgcpaul
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2003
    • Maryland
    • Grizzly 1023SLX

LED replacement tube

I already bought 2 of the FEIT LED shoplights at Costco and like the light output. I was at Costco yesterday and I think the price has gone done again to $29.99 but next to it was a 2 pack replacement tube set for $19.99. The packaging said should work in most fixtures without rewiring and included no rewiring instructions. Well, got them home and they didn't work in the 2 T12 fixtures I tried.

So I could return the bulbs and get the FEIT for $10 more. However, the FEIT lights don't look like you can change the bulb when it dies which doesn't sit well with me. Or I could remove the ballast and rewire the tombstones. Because these new bulbs could have worked with existing fixtures with ballasts, will they also work with fixtures without ballasts?

Thanks,
    Paul
  • Hellrazor
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2003
    • Abyss, PA
    • Ridgid R4512

They will not work in a t12 fixture.

There are 2 types of LED retros. 1 requires a t8 ballast and one is direct wire. The direct wire are more expensive since they require a driver in the tube.

Comment

• atgcpaul
      Veteran Member
      • Aug 2003
      • Maryland
      • Grizzly 1023SLX

Originally posted by Hellrazor
      They will not work in a t12 fixture.

There are 2 types of LED retros. 1 requires a t8 ballast and one is direct wire. The direct wire are more expensive since they require a driver in the tube.
      Thanks for confirming. Wife had to go back to Costco today so she already took them back,

Comment

Working...