X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jnesmith
    • Jan 2003
    • Tallahassee, FL, USA.

Pressure Washer Hose

My pressure washer saga continues. Got it back from the repair shop. Motor runs fine.

New problem: I'm losing pressure because the hose coupling that fits on the pump is leaking. I hadn't used the washer in a couple of years. THe coupling on that end of the hose was rusted shut. I had to bang it up pretty good to get it off. It LOOKS fine now, but apparently I damaged it. Water sprays out of that connection now.

Is it possible to replace the coupling? I can't find anything on the 'net one way or another. A good 50' hose is a little pricey. Thought I'd try the repair route if possible.

Thanks again.
    John
  • newbie2wood
    Established Member
    • Apr 2004
    • NJ, USA.

I have never seen a repair kit for a pressure washer hose or heard of anyone attempting to fix one. It would be dangerous if the repair on a high pressure hose is not done correctly.

Have you check the O-ring to see if it could be the cause of the leak? The O-ring would be very easy to replace.
    ________
    AVANDIA LAWSUIT
    Last edited by newbie2wood; 09-15-2011, 05:03 AM.

Comment

• jnesmith
      • Jan 2003
      • Tallahassee, FL, USA.

Thanks.

Where is the o ring?
      John

Comment

• jnesmith
        • Jan 2003
        • Tallahassee, FL, USA.

Found it.

Great call. Thanks a bunch. I finally got to get some use out of that cheap set of o-rings from HF. Worked like a charm.
        John

Comment

Working...