X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Matthew Knerr
    Forum Newbie
    • Jan 2005
    • NW, PA, USA.

Thanks, Johnny. That's encouraging. Like you said, the worst thing is that it will take extra time to adjust, but the microadjuster should help with that. I had already started making a plate for the BT, so I'll try that first and see how it goes. I'll let everyone know how it works out.

Comment

• crokett
      The Full Monte
      • Jan 2003
      • Mebane, NC, USA.
      • Ryobi BT3000

Matthew, saw this post a little late. I have a DW621, GREAT router, just a little cumbersome in a table. I had it mounted in the accessory table for a couple years. You need to get the fine adjustment knob from DeWalt.

It will make things much easier. You remove the stock depth stop and install this. It works, but downside is if you want to use this as a handheld plunge router, you have to convert back. Some people say to, but I never bothered removing the springs. Last year I got a small bit as part of an inheritance so I got a PC 693 fixed base router and traded the dewalt out of the table for that. If you have the money, a fixed base would do better.
      David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

• Matthew Knerr
        Forum Newbie
        • Jan 2005
        • NW, PA, USA.

Thanks David. If you used it in the BT for two years, it can't be that bad. My mounting plate is about done, so I'll have to see how it goes.

Matt

Comment

• crokett
          The Full Monte
          • Jan 2003
          • Mebane, NC, USA.
          • Ryobi BT3000

Let me know if you have any problems. Something I forgot: After you get the fine adjustment knob (highly recommended it makes height adjustments MUCH easier) there is one other part you should get. The quick depth adjustment thingy on the base of the router has 3 threaded rods in it. The fine depth adjuster screws onto those rods. Go to your hardware store and get a longer one of those. It gives you much more flexibility in the height you can adjust to. I think I got mine at the BORG.
          David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

Working...