• Show
Clear All
  • gimpy
    Established Member
    • Nov 2004
    • Flagstaff, AZ.
    • BT3100

BT3100 ever go on sale?

Has anyone ever seen this saw go on sale? I've been waiting for it too. Hopefully around 20% off or so. I stopped in at HD yesterday in Phx and a helper said that they are too good of a seller to go on sale. I have about 130 saved up (but I keep diving into it whenever I need a little something so that it isn't getting any bigger[:I]).

Just curious/hoping.

thx, Frank
    Frank, "Still the one"
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

quote:Originally posted by gimpy

Has anyone ever seen this saw go on sale? I've been waiting for it too. Hopefully around 20% off or so. I stopped in at HD yesterday in Phx and a helper said that they are too good of a seller to go on sale. I have about 130 saved up (but I keep diving into it whenever I need a little something so that it isn't getting any bigger[:I]).

Just curious/hoping.

thx, Frank
    If you haven't already, read the FAQ or "Frequently asked questions". you can find a permanent link to them in the 1st post under "getting started" topics section:
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Mainemarc
      • Nov 2003
      • Portland, ME, USA.

Frank:

Unless/until there is a repeat of the 20% sale Home Depot had 2 Christmas's ago, the closest most can come to getting a BT3100 on 'sale' is to take advantage of 10% on one or more of the following:
      1)HD's moving coupon,
      2)inital purchase on HD's credit card, or
      3)HD's "Friends and Family" coupon.

Having said that, look for a Cummins traveling tool sale in your area. They typically have at least a few factory refurbished BT3100's on each truck; they go for $200. Warranty is only one year though and unless you get it assembled, running and find a defect before the Cummins truck leaves town, it's hard to beat HD's 30 day satisfaction guarantee.

HTH
      Marc

Comment

• Ken Weaver
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 2004
        • Clemson, SC, USA
        • Rigid TS3650

What Marc said. Cummins is something to seriously consider if the truck comes near you (http://www.cumminstools.com/index.htm). Trick is finding where the truck is and where its going. The tools are factory reconditioned.

Also see Matthew's experience - (http://www.bt3central.com/forum/topi...TOPIC_ID=16777)
        Ken Weaver
        Clemson, SC

"A mistake is absolute proof that someone tried to do something!

Comment

• Roger109
          Established Member
          • Dec 2002
          • Great Bend, Kansas, USA.
          • BT3000

The BT at full price is still a steal.I paid near $600.00 and would gladly pay that again knowing what this saw has done for me!
          Owner of classic 1995 BT3000

Comment

• monte
            Forum Windbag
            • Dec 2002
            • Paw Paw, MI, USA.
            • GI 50-185M

The Bt is definately a steal at the normal $299.00 Try and pick one up with the 10% discount and wait for the free accessory kit if possible.
            Monte (another darksider)
            Reporting Live from somewhere near Kalamazoo

http://community.webshots.com/user/monte49002

Comment

• gimpy
              Established Member
              • Nov 2004
              • Flagstaff, AZ.
              • BT3100

Thx for the answers. Unfortunately, I've never seen/heard of a Cummins truck in these parts. Will keep my eyes open.
              Thx, Frank
              Frank, "Still the one"

Comment

• Mainemarc
                • Nov 2003
                • Portland, ME, USA.

quote:Originally posted by gimpy

Thx for the answers. Unfortunately, I've never seen/heard of a Cummins truck in these parts. Will keep my eyes open.
                Thx, Frank
                Amazing what you begin to notice once you start looking for it. Where do you live? Do you have an Army Reserve Armories nearby? Some sort of municipal or county exposition center? A grange hall? Contact whoever handles events for those. Ask about Cummins tool sales. You'd be surprised where they set up shop.
                Marc

Comment

Working...