• Show
Clear All
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

Official BT3Central FAQ & Acronyms

The link to the FAQ is in my signature line at the very bottom of the post.
    Leave me a message if you found it useful.

You will need the free Adobe Acrobat Reader if you do not already have it installed. The questions are "Hyperlinked" - click on the question and it will take you to the answer. Use Adobe's search -binocular icon- to find acronyms, jargon and key words in questions.

================================================== =========
    Help me with the Forum Jargon and Acronyms I'm thinking about buying a Table Saw. Why should I consider the BT3100? - Why Buy A BT3K? Where can I get the best price on a BT3100? Can I get a BT3x in (name a country)? Is a 220V version available? Will it run on 50 Hz? I saw the BT3100 at HD, why is it not put together right? Why did the salesman steer me to a Ridgid? What about buying a used BT3000 or BT3100 or Sears 22811? What to look out for, what its worth? What are the Differences between BT3000, BT3100, and Sears model 22811 version of BT? Where can I get parts and accessories for a BT3x? What#8217;s in the Accessory kit? Is it worth buying? What is the replacement blade for the BT3K? and where can I get one? What blades are recommended for the BT3x? What are ZCTPs for? Are the factory ZCTPs any good? What materials should I use to make one? How do you make a ZCTP for the Ryobi BT3x? Do I need a ZCTP for each dado size? I just cut off the end of my miter fence. Where do I send the dues? How much space does the BT3x take? I'm having problems with the rip fence... I'm having problems with the SMT... I'm having trouble with raising the blade... My blade is not square with the table/ My fence is not square with the table/ My SMT is not square with the table. Do I need to use the supplied blade guard and splitter/riving knife/pawls? I just got a BT3x, what do I do next? My BT3x saw seems to lack power on long rips. What#8217;s wrong? What power and wiring do I need for my BT3x? Why does the BT3x have a Universal motor and what does that mean to me? Has anyone tried replacing their BT3x drive belts with link belts? Was there a recall on the BT3000? How do I make the saw mobile? My saw leaves black streaks on the wood; what can I do about that?.What Table-top treatment should I use and what should I avoid?
    Is the wide table kit worthwhile/whats in it? How do I make Wide Rips?
    What are/How do I get/How do I connect Extension Rails? Is the outfeed table worthwhile? Is the micropositioner worthwhile? What is it? Is the Vacuum/float table worthwhile? Is the Router kit worthwhile/can I get the individual parts in the router kit? Can I mount my router in the BT3x Auxiliary table? What Router will fit the table? What router do you recommend? What Dados are recommended - general info and specific models? How do I install a dado on the BT3x? There#8217;s no room on the arbor. What are the sizes and threads of the major hardware bolts and nuts in a BT3x? Has anyone moved the power switch? What are the dust collection options for the BT3x? Where do I get T-nuts to use in the rip and miter fences and rails? Why isn't there a miter slot on this saw? How can I get one to use miter slot accessories? What's the little black button on the bottom of the Miter fence for/Why does my Miter fence not stay locked in position? What's the orange thingy on the Miter fence for/Why are my Miter cuts off by two or three degrees? Where does the washer go in the SMT fence assembly? I stalled the saw while cutting heavy wood or with the blade jammed. Now the blade does not turn. What do I do? Has anyone put two saws together? Just why are BT3x users so curious? Help me with the Forum Jargon and Acronyms ================================================== ==================
    Last edited by LCHIEN; 11-24-2016, 10:35 AM. Reason: Point to FAQ link
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions
  • monte
    Forum Windbag
    • Dec 2002
    • Paw Paw, MI, USA.
    • GI 50-185M

Nice job Loring!
    Monte (another darksider)
    Reporting Live from somewhere near Kalamazoo

http://community.webshots.com/user/monte49002

Comment

• Scottydont
      Veteran Member
      • Aug 2003
      • Edmonds, WA, USA.
      • Delta Industrial Hybrid

Awsome Loring!
      Scott
      "The Laminate Flooring Benchtop Guy"

Edmonds WA

No coffee, no worky!

Comment

• Greg Wood
        Forum Newbie
        • Mar 2004
        • Signal Mountain, TN, USA.

The two links are the same. I can't get to the List of Acronyms and terms.

quote:Originally posted by LCHIEN

Click here for Answers to frequently asked questions

Click here for List of Acronyms & terms used on this forum

You will need the free Adobe Acrobat Reader if you do not already have it installed. The questions are "Hyperlinked" - click on the question and it will take you to the answer. Use Adobe's search -binocular icon- to find acronyms, jargon and key words in questions.

Greg Wood -lynnwood@fast.net

I would have a lot more money and free time if I\'d never stopped on that \"DIY\" channel

Comment

• gmack5
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2002
          • Quapaw, Oklahoma, USA.
          • Ryobi BT3000SX & BT3100

quote:Originally posted by Greg Wood

The list of Acronyms and Terms is on the last two pages of the FAQ document.

Stop thinking why you can't and Start thinking how you CAN!
          Remember, SUCCESS comes in CANS!
          George

Comment

• LCHIEN
            Internet Fact Checker
            • Dec 2002
            • Katy, TX, USA.
            • BT3000 vintage 1999

quote:Originally posted by Greg Wood

quote:Originally posted by LCHIEN

Click here for Answers to frequently asked questions

Click here for List of Acronyms & terms used on this forum

yes they are. I now fixed it so that the link takes you directly to the page* in the FAQ where the Acronyms and Jargon are. HTH

*Thanks to HiTekRedNeck
            Loring in Katy, TX USA
            If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.

Comment

• Pappy
              The Full Monte
              • Dec 2002
              • San Marcos, TX, USA.
              • BT3000 (x2)

Great assistance for the new guys, Loring. Sam/Thom...how about making it a sticky subject?
              Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
              Fools because they have to say something.
              Plato

Comment

• Ken Weaver
                Veteran Member
                • Feb 2004
                • Clemson, SC, USA
                • Rigid TS3650

Nicely done Loring - good job!!
                Ken Weaver
                Clemson, SC

"A mistake is absolute proof that someone tried to do something!

Comment

• Deadhead
                  Established Member
                  • Jan 2004
                  • Maidens, Virginia, USA.
                  • BT3100

quote:Originally posted by Pappy

Great assistance for the new guys, Loring. Sam/Thom...how about making it a sticky subject?
                  My thoughts exactly!!
                  "Success is gettin' what you want; Happiness is wantin' what you get." - Brother Dave Gardner (1926-1983)

Comment

• Thom2
                    Resident BT3Central Research Ass.
                    • Jan 2003
                    • Stevens, PA, USA.
                    • Craftsman 22124

quote:Originally posted by Pappy

Done!

Thom
                    cleanin' his glue brush
                    If it ain't broke.. don't fix it!!!... but you can always 'hop it up'
                    **one and only purchaser of a BT3C official thong**

Comment

• JeffW
                      Veteran Member
                      • Feb 2003
                      • San Antonio, Texas, USA.
                      • BT3100

Nice write up. Long needed.
                      Measure twice, cut once, screw it up, start over

Comment

• RodKirby
                        Veteran Member
                        • Dec 2002
                        • Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
                        • Mao Shan TSC-10RAS

Great job, Loring - a lot of work in there.
                        Downunder ... 1" = 25.4mm

Comment

• atgcpaul
                          Veteran Member
                          • Aug 2003
                          • Maryland
                          • Grizzly 1023SLX

Thanks Loring! I thought I knew all I had to know about the
                          saw until I had trouble raising and lowering the blade. I've
                          been cutting a lot of MDF lately so I figured it was dust gumming
                          up the works and I'd clean it out later. Lo and behold in your
                          FAQ it mentions the back of the stock splitter could be rubbing
                          against the back of the blade area. Never even occured to me to
                          check there but that was the problem. Thanks again!

Paul

Comment

• dgcccom
                            Forum Newbie
                            • Aug 2004

wow, great idea, where did this idea come from.

hehe

Comment

• LCHIEN
                              Internet Fact Checker
                              • Dec 2002
                              • Katy, TX, USA.
                              • BT3000 vintage 1999

quote:Originally posted by dgcccom

wow, great idea, where did this idea come from.

hehe
                              Actually we had a FAQ collaboration effort over a year ago - it never got off the ground (too many hands, I think)
                              I've been working on this over two months. Its been posted under forum topics for review for three weeks. Anyone searching the topics for FAQ or Jargon or Acronyms could have found it. I've been quoteing from it for three weeks in various answers.

Yours is only the latest of frequently asked questios for the same stuff. But you did spur me into going ahead and posting it in Getting Started as I felt it was finally complete enough.

Welcome to the forum.

Loring in Katy, TX USA

Comment

Working...