I am looking at getting a BT3100 and just found this site in researching it. I was wondering if you could tell me the max width you can rip without the wide table kit.
It varies because the rails can be shifted right or left.
The "usual" user sets the rails sort of centered to facilitate
SMT on the left and ripping on the right, a good compromise for general use allows about 24" of rip on the right. By shifting the rails to the right, a 1- or 2-minute task, you can easily get 36" rip width, If I recall correctly.
By using the extension rails (wide table kit) you mention, it adds 42" to the rail length so add 42" to the rip width. Since they are extruded aluminum, some users buy a set and cut them in half and sell the other half. This adds 21" to the standard and is short enough they don't have to add support legs to the right. Then they can have ~48" rip capability.
I have the SMT on the left, the Dual Miter Slot on the right and have the fence line (lack of name for the plastic piece that indicates where the fence is on the rail) on the right of the fence. This allows me 24.5" of rip capacity.
Comment