My weekend project. Polish pottery display.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dedpedal
    Established Member
    • Feb 2020
    • Palm Coast Florida
    • One BT3000 in use and one for parts. Plus a BT3100

My weekend project. Polish pottery display.

Well, the wife is into Polish Pottery and wanted a way to display it. I came up with this thinker ma Bob from a simple drawing and a lot of imagination. Best part about it is I’m into it for about $100,as I had a bunch of wood leftover from another project that I didn’t pay for material. Click image for larger version

Name:	9C2EB60B-AA38-405E-BB02-6624C00245C3.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	113.7 KB
ID:	853046
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

Polish microwave/toaster oven from Warsaw?
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Dedpedal
      Dedpedal commented
      Editing a comment
      Lmao! It’s probably from China but the Polish stuff goes in it.
  • Dedpedal
    Established Member
    • Feb 2020
    • Palm Coast Florida
    • One BT3000 in use and one for parts. Plus a BT3100

And I have to add that my little well worn BT 3000 plodded through like a champ.

Comment

• dbhost
      Slow and steady
      • Apr 2008
      • League City, Texas
      • Ryobi BT3100

Yup looks like the polski toaster oven!

Seriously though very nice work and if anyone hasn't tried one of those I like using the toaster oven during the warmer months because it keeps from heating the whole house up like the regular oven does.
      Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• Dedpedal
        Dedpedal commented
        Editing a comment
        Being in mid Florida,that’s a given on not heating the house. It was 81° today.
    • dbhost
      Slow and steady
      • Apr 2008
      • League City, Texas
      • Ryobi BT3100

Dedpedal same here in TX. It was not quite that warm today but is heading that way in the next week. I used mine today to heat up some egg rolls for breakfast. I have found widower food is a wierd thing...
      Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• Dedpedal
        Dedpedal commented
        Editing a comment
        I’d be 500 pounds if I was left to my own devices on choosing my food.
    • cwsmith
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2005
      • NY Southern Tier, USA.
      • BT3100-1

Dedpedal,

Nice job, it looks like it will display the pieces quite well.

My wife is Polish-Italian (or should I say Italian-Polish?). Both her grandparents came over from the old country back in the 20's, her maternal from Poland and her paternal from Italy. Most of their belongings like old dishes, cookware, etc. went to the various aunts, so by the time my wife grew up there wasn't much from the Polish side to pass down. I have seen some beautiful stuff though over the years. Here in Binghamton, NY we had a huge population of European immigrants, Polish, Italian, and more Slavik countries than I can remember, a lot of Germans, Irish, and English too!

CWS
      Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

• Dedpedal
        Dedpedal commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks! One of these days I will learn the rules of woodworking instead of just winging it. The only parameters I had were width/height/depth. The rest just kind of evolved.
    Working...