Clear All
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

old little project

Dug this up in the shop.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	P2090245.JPG Views:	0 Size:	82.0 KB ID:	842852 Click image for larger version  Name:	P2090244.JPG Views:	0 Size:	103.6 KB ID:	842853
    I made these more than 15 years and three drill presses back,
    It was supposed to hold a small laser pointer to point to the drill location center on the drill press. The laser fit the octagonal clamp and had a momentary button that the little white nylon thumbscrew could press and hold on.

It sort of worked but had two major problems. As the DP table moved the dot no longer pointed at the right spot and had to be realigned for the table height and rotation. The laser put out a dot and not a line so couldn't make an "X" marks the spot.

But anyway they are cute little articulating arms that can be positioned over a range. An example of what I could make 15 years ago when I was starting.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions
  • Jim Frye
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Maumee, OH, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3000 & BT3100

Love the design and execution.
    Jim Frye
    The Nut in the Cellar.
    ”Sawdust Is Man Glitter”

Comment

• Dedpedal
      Established Member
      • Feb 2020
      • Palm Coast Florida
      • One BT3000 in use and one for parts. Plus a BT3100

Why not? It MIGHT work. I’ve had meany successful as well as failed attempts at making my own stuff before buying. Well done!

Comment

• LCHIEN
        Internet Fact Checker
        • Dec 2002
        • Katy, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 vintage 1999

Lets say the Laser experiment was a bust (I since have built-in lasers on my DP) but the articulating arm came out pretty well, I'm still looking for an application, haha.
        Loring in Katy, TX USA
        If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
        BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

Working...