• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tfischer
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 2003
    • Plymouth (Minneapolis), MN, USA.
    • BT3100

Awesome! Would love to see your trees too. I hear you mention them from time to time but I don't think I've ever seen one.

Comment

• capncarl
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2007
      • Leesburg Georgia USA
      • SawStop CTS

A couple of tiiny trees, photo from a street sale in front of the Wiregrass Gallery in Thomasville Ga.

Click image for larger version

Name:	A58144C5-C96C-4EF1-AD56-AD28D17948F7.jpeg
Views:	162
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	836314

Name:	908C996D-98E2-4F21-92F6-117F88B630E1.jpeg
Views:	172
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	836315

Comment

• capncarl
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2007
        • Leesburg Georgia USA
        • SawStop CTS

Boy did I get mixed up! I promised earlier that I would put together some build instructional photos, so I got busy and cut out a nice blue pine tiny tree and photographed the cut out steps and rough sanding steps. When I started putting text to the phots I had second thoughts. The Tiny Trees are are actually someone else’s brainchild that I saw and liked and started building my own distinctively different version. Last year I visited with the owner of the idea and we compared notes and discussed each other’s trees. He did not have any objections to my building and selling my Tiny Trees in the SE. (not that I’m doing a great job of that) Knowing that there are several people making their living off of these wooded trees I have decided that I am not going to risk my friends livelihood and our friendship by posting instructions to build these trees on the internet. I highly doubt that anyone on this site would go into business making wood trees but someone somewhere could take my instructions and put them on their “free plans” or how to make money in your shop sites. Some of these characters have stolen lots of folks ideas and tried to capitalize on them. I will continue to compose the build instructions for Sawdust Zone members and will share them by private message with and agreement that they won’t be posted on the internet.

That said.... where I got mixed up was the work I was going to create an instructional of was the Tiny Mushroom! I’ll get right on it. That is my idea, and I will also share it by private message when I get it completed.
        capncarl

Comment

• Naturegirl79
          Handtools only
          • Apr 2019
          • SWVA

I want a tiny mushroom. How could I purchase one? meaganb05121@gmail.com

Comment

• capncarl
            Veteran Member
            • Jan 2007
            • Leesburg Georgia USA
            • SawStop CTS

Name:	0AAD7717-94FD-4B59-B538-6CC7EB7EE614.jpeg
Views:	234
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	836563
            My latest Redbud Tiny Mushroom that I just finished.

I photographed the steps and have started the work description text to share with members and guests on this site.

I have a question to forum managers and members. There are approximately 30 photos with descriptions. Should I submit 1 photo and work description of that task 1 at a time, giving members and guest time for questions and comments, or should I figure try to post all 30 at one time? Is there a better way to do this?
            capncarl

Comment

• mpc
              • Feb 2005
              • Cypress, CA, USA.
              • BT3000 orig 13amp model

I suggest separate posts for each photo. That way folks can "comment"inside each picture's post for comments/questions on that particular picture. Otherwise we'll have a single string of replies that refer to various individual pictures - it'll become spaghetti.

mpc

Comment

• capncarl
                Veteran Member
                • Jan 2007
                • Leesburg Georgia USA
                • SawStop CTS

I thought that there was a place for instructionals somewhere in posts of something but I can’t find anything. Maybe it was another site.

Comment

• onedash
                  Veteran Member
                  • Mar 2005
                  • Maryland
                  • Craftsman 22124

the mushrooms are pretty cool!!!
                  YOU DONT HAVE TO TRAIN TO BE MISERABLE. YOU HAVE TO TRAIN TO ENDURE MISERY.

Comment

Working...