X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • th3woodsman
    Handtools only
    • Dec 2017

New to woodworking - Finished projects

Hey everyone! I’m starting to dabble into woodworking. I have a hodgepodge of tools and have had to get very creative. Here’s some pictures of projects I’ve done in the last year (mostly cutting boards). I’m always looking for some constructive criticism to improve.

This is a board I made for a secret Santa gift. The theme for Christmas this year is cutting boards!

This is a small 8x11ish cutting board, I’m making about eight of these in varying patterns to give as gifts.

These are a couple boards I made for my wife out of some scrap wood my coworker had at his shop.

This is going to be a humidor I’m making for my grandfather. Cherry with a Padauk inlay. It’s not finished yet but I’m working on it.

I made this mailbox post after not liking the quality of the premade posts at Home Depot. Plow truck hit it last year. And sadly not even two days ago the UPS truck hit this one so I’ll have to remake it again!

Thanks for taking the time to look at my small projects. I know I’m not anywhere near as good as some of you guys but I’m learning!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

Thanks for sharing. Looks pretty good to me. Welcome to the forum.
    I approved your post.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Two Much
      Established Member
      • Mar 2003
      • Long Island, NY
      • (two) Ryobe BT-3's

I haven't been around for awhile, I am surprised these boards haven't gotten more of a response.
      I think they are lovely. The blend of wood on the cutting boards are so sharp and attractive.

wish you had picked my name for your secret Santa!

Comment

• radhak
        Veteran Member
        • Apr 2006
        • Miramar, FL
        • Right Tilt 3HP Unisaw

Sorry I did not see this earlier - but that is excellent workmanship! Love the neatness of your finish!
        Great job!
        It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
        - Aristotle

Comment

Working...