So this weekend I banged out 11 of these boxes...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Neal
    Established Member
    • Apr 2012
    • Williamstown, WV (Mid Ohio Valley)
    • Ryobi BT3000

So this weekend I banged out 11 of these boxes...

They are about 6x11.

Used my BT3000, my router table with incra positioner, and the Festool Domino.

made from scrap 3/4 ply and 1/4 ply I just had lying around.

They now contain my screws, nails, nuts and bolts.

I use the Incra Miter guide 1000HD on my Bt3K. I really like it a lot better than the sliding table. The flip stop helps to ensure accurate repeatable cuts.

The Incra positioner was fabulous for getting the dado slots for the bottom and the partitions in the exact same place on each side of the box. (I have to watch my desire to overthink things.)

The Domino is a very neat tool. It takes a little getting used to, and the narrow and small end pieces were a challenge. The bigger challenge were the through mortises in the faces of the longer side boards. I found it a little more challenging to cut those in a vertical position.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Neal; 05-18-2015, 01:56 PM.
  • jking
    • May 2003
    • Des Moines, IA.
    • BT3100

Nice job on a very useful project. Did you consider using dadoes for the front and back pieces instead of the Domino?

Comment

• Neal
      Established Member
      • Apr 2012
      • Williamstown, WV (Mid Ohio Valley)
      • Ryobi BT3000

Since the domino is a new toy I was looking for some functional practice, so to speak. I had seen some "domi-drawers" on a festool forum and thought I would try it.

The df500 takes some practice. I messed up on a few of them.

Comment

Working...