• Show
Clear All
  • Pappy
    The Full Monte
    • Dec 2002
    • San Marcos, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 (x2)

Finally some shop time

During the repair job in the laundry room from the water leak, I decided to move the appliances. Considering the room is long and narrow, this brought up a need for some storage and I hate having stuff on top of the washer/dryer, freezer and hot water heater.

I had made a wall rack for empty hangars several years ago and moved it to the area under the window, between the washer/dryer and freezer. I am going to build a cabinet, on casters, to go between them for both cleaning supplies storage and a folding table but wanted the laundry products off the folding table. Simple solution was to notch the top of the arms and add a shelf. I had added a straight shelf but found it too narrow for the soap bottles. I cut a new shelf that is wider in the middle and replaced the straight shelf.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Laundry Shelf.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.79 MB
ID:	798218

I have a laundry sorter with 6 bins and built a shelf to set on top of it hold some of the excess cleaning supplies and things like bug/wasp sprays that I want easily accessable. The ends are rabeted at the bottom to sit in the frame of the top, keep it in place and off of the plastic lattice.

Name:	Laundry bins.jpg
Size:	1.94 MB
ID:	798219

Name:	Bin Shelf.jpg
Size:	1.28 MB
ID:	798220

I will let the paint dry for a day or 2 before putting anything on them.

Not exactly fine woodworking, but at least I got to eat some sawdust.
    Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
    Fools because they have to say something.
    Plato
  • chopnhack
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 2006
    • Florida
    • Ryobi BT3100

Good use of space Pappy!

But I must ask you a question that a wise man once asked me: What is this shop time you speak of keemosabe?
    I think in straight lines, but dream in curves

Comment

Working...