Excellent suggestion Loring! Thanks for that
    I think in straight lines, but dream in curves

Comment

• chopnhack
      Veteran Member
      • Oct 2006
      • Florida
      • Ryobi BT3100

LOL, well a year after making them and using them I can say they are great. The one draw back is that they are heavy for lugging around. Mind you, not in the shop, but from the shop to another location. The feet come off and store inside the tool tray. By some oversight in the original construction there is a small gap on either side of the tool tray on both units that makes it easier to clean out as dust/chips accumulates there. As Loring mentioned "Wonder how many pound load the wing nuts will hold before the top starts slipping down..." the answer is suprisingly not much! You can bear down and cut on these, but with power tools I believe the vibrations allow the surfaces to start to slip past one another. His suggestion of a hole with a dowel, I will take one step further and suggest rows of them on either side of the tempered board slide with dowel, probably faster than tightening the knobs on both sides and adjusting, etc. Alternatively, a piece of sandpaper can be glued to one face of the wood where they slide past each other to increase the friction. I may try that first ;-)
      I think in straight lines, but dream in curves

Comment

Working...