X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmac
    Forum Newbie
    • Feb 2022

BT3000 Fence Parts needed

So I’m new to this forum (first post)….perhaps this information is somewhere else, but I couldn’t find it…so here we go.

I bought this BT3000 a couple of years ago but never really tried to set it up…the few times I used it the fence wasn’t always parallel with the blade…I thought it might need to be adjusted but was just too lazy to do it so I never used it, until yesterday. I got around to looking at the fence and it turns out there is a small nylon tracking wheel (#3 in the exploded diagram) and a small steel pin (#8 in the diagram) that are missing.

Could this be why my fence will not align properly? Is there a supplier for these parts?

I’ve tried a couple of parts sites on the web but they all say discontinued.

Any help would be appreciated

Pat
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

Originally posted by patmac
    So I’m new to this forum (first post)….perhaps this information is somewhere else, but I couldn’t find it…so here we go.

I bought this BT3000 a couple of years ago but never really tried to set it up…the few times I used it the fence wasn’t always parallel with the blade…I thought it might need to be adjusted but was just too lazy to do it so I never used it, until yesterday. I got around to looking at the fence and it turns out there is a small nylon tracking wheel (#3 in the exploded diagram) and a small steel pin (#8 in the diagram) that are missing.

Could this be why my fence will not align properly? Is there a supplier for these parts?

I’ve tried a couple of parts sites on the web but they all say discontinued.

Any help would be appreciated

Pat
    Unfortunately the parts being discontinued does pose some problems. Looks like Jacks Small Engines has the pin, and honestly , you are going to going to have to be creative with finding the roller. Honeslty I am HOPING someone with a BT3000 and a set of digital calipers will chime in here, and maybe give the critical dimensions for the tracking wheel. Given that info, you stand a much better chance of finding a third party / aftermarket replacement.
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• GrumpyDad
      Established Member
      • Jul 2020
      • Midwest
      • Ryobi BT3100, BT3000, Sawstop PCS

I have parts if you need.
      Harumpf!
      GrumpyDad

Comment

• Chrisminor
        Chrisminor commented
        Editing a comment
        BT3000
        I’m looking for a rip fence and blade guard
    • LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

Are you talking about the rip fence?
      #3 and #8 don't match what you are talking about

Click image for larger version  Name:	Rip Fence.png Views:	0 Size:	9.7 KB ID:	848239
      Click image for larger version  Name:	BT300 rip fence parts list.JPG Views:	0 Size:	49.3 KB ID:	848241
      Attached Files
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• dbhost

dbhost
        commented
        Editing a comment
        The parts diagrams I saw online show 13 and 23 as 3 and 8 respectively. Maybe different diagrams? Hopefully patmac will come back here and verify.
    • patmac
      Forum Newbie
      • Feb 2022

dbhost is correct, in the diagram I’d seen 8 was the pin and 3 was the wheel.

In any case, a member was able to help me find the parts I need…thank you Grumpy Dad

Comment

• dbhost
        Slow and steady
        • Apr 2008
        • League City, Texas
        • Ryobi BT3100

Originally posted by patmac
        dbhost is correct, in the diagram I’d seen 8 was the pin and 3 was the wheel.

In any case, a member was able to help me find the parts I need…thank you Grumpy Dad
        Very happy to know you got squared away.

Hopefully as you get going with the saw, you will join in on the conversation and share your experiences and knowledge as you gain it! We'd love to see your projects and progress!
        Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

Working...