X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kinreay
    Handtools only
    • Jan 2022

Motor Frames

My BT300 motor frame has had the raise/lower thread stripped out. I had a helicoil installed but it was installed a little off center so now I can't run the blade up or down without using both hands and possibly wrecking it further.. Does anyone know if the motors from the BT3000 and 3100 are interchangeable? Apparently the motor frames are no longer availabe. I'd like to replace mine and if the BT3000 and Bt3100 frames are interchangeable, it will afford me more options. Also, does anyone know where I can get a replacdement motor or frame for my BT300? Thanks.
  • Jim Frye
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Maumee, OH, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3000 & BT3100

I have both saws, but the BT3100 hasn't been used since it first came out. I will have to look at the parts lists to see what things are interchangeable. May take me awhile, sorry.
    Jim Frye
    The Nut in the Cellar.
    ”Sawdust Is Man Glitter”

Comment

• dbhost
      Slow and steady
      • Apr 2008
      • League City, Texas
      • Ryobi BT3100

Just so we know what we are talking about for sure, the BT3000 was offered with 2 different motors. A 13 amp, and a 15 amp. Do you know which version you have?
      Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• Kinreay
        Handtools only
        • Jan 2022

01-28-2022, 08:13 AM
        Just so we know what we are talking about for sure, the BT3000 was offered with 2 different motors. A 13 amp, and a 15 amp. Do you know which version you have?

I finally was able to get to the saw and look at the motor. I had a look with a mirror to see if there was any info hiding out of sight, but no. There is no typical motor nameplate, just a paper tag with the numbers - 969214-008 120v.. No indication of the amperage.

Comment

• LCHIEN
          LCHIEN commented
          Editing a comment
          The Amperage of the motor is going to be on the nameplate of the saw itself. Assuming its got the original motor.
          Also the date code (four digit number YYWW) is a hint. 13A was only used for the first couple of years, 93-94 offhand.
      • Kinreay
        Handtools only
        • Jan 2022

Another trip to the shop and I see that there is a serial number tag on the saw and it says the motor is 15A. s/n 714599 9507.

Comment

• LCHIEN
          LCHIEN commented
          Editing a comment
          9507 is the date of manufacture code. 1995, 07th week (around Mid February) Happy 27th BD to your BT3000!
      • dbhost
        Slow and steady
        • Apr 2008
        • League City, Texas
        • Ryobi BT3100

For what it's worth, I HAD a 15 amp BT3000 I bought for parts for my BT3100, the motor housings appeared to be identical between the two. It was a super cheap Craigslist find and had a ton of accessories, so I bought it, and sold the rest for parts to the next guy for what I paid for it... The guy I sold it to managed to smash up the side / sheet metal on his and needed replacement panels and BT3000 rails so worked for him as well. Never seen him here though....
        Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

Working...