Clear All
  • nicer20
    Established Member
    • Sep 2007
    • Dublin, CA
    • BT3100

BT3000 Parts for my BT3100?

Hi,

Someone is selling an old BT3000 - about an hour drive from me. I am not sure what condition the saw is and will have to go and check it. But even if the saw doesn't run, my understanding is that the parts like the rails, fences, SMT table, auxiliary table and also other key items work on my BT3100. So thinking and buying it even if I find out it is not working when I go.

Does anyone see any problem with this? I definitely like the ideas like LCHIEN latest rail extension project. Also a second SMT on the other side of the blade might be handy?

What say?

Thanks in advance.

NG
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

Pretty much everything is workable - fits and function
    All the loose hardware interchanges bits and pieces so you have spare nuts and bolts and throat plates and other unique pieces of hardware
    Cosmetics is the issue. Primarily the BT3100 rails are black the BT3000 silver
    the rails BT3100 are the same as the BT3100 except at the front rail ruler extends further and lower - look at the picture. But the rip fence, SMT all fit to the top so there's no issue.
    The rip fence cursor over the scale is a bit different.
    The SMT and Aux table are darker from the BT3100.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?id=844884&d=1628957633&type=large.jpg Views:	0 Size:	12.7 KB ID:	844931

If you want nice cosmetics then get a old BT3000 to match. If it doesn't matter, then its OK
    That said I have a BT3100 aux table on my BT3000 right next to the original
    Last edited by LCHIEN; 08-19-2021, 02:24 PM.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• nicer20
      Established Member
      • Sep 2007
      • Dublin, CA
      • BT3100

LCHIEN Sorry but a bit confused with the picture. Is there a front part that protrudes more in front on the BT3100? Bottom line - Will I be able to use these rails like your latest project to extend my capacity on either side of the blade?

I don't really care about the cosmetic look especially when it is so difficult to get spare parts on this saw that I love so much.

Thanks for your help always !

NG

Comment

• LCHIEN
        Internet Fact Checker
        • Dec 2002
        • Katy, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by nicer20
        LCHIEN Sorry but a bit confused with the picture. Is there a front part that protrudes more in front on the BT3100? Bottom line - Will I be able to use these rails like your latest project to extend my capacity on either side of the blade?

I don't really care about the cosmetic look especially when it is so difficult to get spare parts on this saw that I love so much.

Thanks for your help always !

NG
        Yes, As I said the front part with the scale protrudes more, but the rails mount from the back, and the SMT and Aux table mount from the top so no problem And the rip fence rides on top
        Just a cosmetics issue in the end.
        Loring in Katy, TX USA
        If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.

Comment

• nicer20
          nicer20 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks a million. I understand it now. Waiting for the person to respond to my email and will need to convince my wife that I need space for another saw in the garage :-)
      • LCHIEN
        Internet Fact Checker
        • Dec 2002
        • Katy, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 vintage 1999

Were you the one looking for the little orange miter indicators? Two for $5 bucks, ebay.

BT3000 or BT3100 Nylon Miter Indicators. BT3100 Ryobi table saw. BT3000 Ryobi table saw. Designed and manufactured in the U.S.A. using nylon made in the U.S.A. BT3000SXI Ryobi table saw. 315228110 Craftsman table saw (PN:969191001 or 969191-001 ).
        Loring in Katy, TX USA

Comment

• nicer20
          nicer20 commented
          Editing a comment
          No not me. I have the miter indicator intact on my saw. Frankly speaking never use that indicator - just used to checking the angle using a protractor. Just recently also bought a digital angle gauge on Amazon but haven't used it yet on any project.
      Working...