t-nuts.com complaint

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • SpinDoctor53
    Forum Newbie
    • Sep 2026
    • 11

    #1

    t-nuts.com complaint

    I ordered some t nuts (1" x 5/16-18) from them. Arrived pretty quick. I've been trying to ode some 1-1/8th w/1/8th hole *.and every time I try l get website cannot be reached messages after I pick what I want and ty to complete the order. Is it my Internet connection? Their website? The kids would was up.
    * I'll drill and tap for a 5/16-24. Short thread engagement for greater strength. Need the large t nuts for adding fence rail extrusions which I will have to cut down.
  • LCHIEN
    Super Moderator
    • Dec 2002
    • 22085
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

    #2
    I made my own t nuts.
    the slots are either a hair over 1" or a hair over 1.125" So an rectangle 1" x 1.125" would be universal fit in both sized slots.
    These are the slots on the inside and bottom of the front and back rails and the top and right hand side of the rip fence and the top and front of the miter fence.

    I bought some aluminum flat stock 1" wide x 1/8" thick. Cut it to 1.125" long pieces to make 1"x1.125" nuts. I used my miter saw with a cheap non-ferrous metal cutting blade.

    I drilled for 1/4-28 UNF, instead of the common 1/4-20 UNC, because like you i wanted more threads engagement of the fine UNF thread. This was for my rail extension hardware,

    i also threaded some for 1/4-20 UNC
    and i superglued a 1/4-20 x1.5" stud. For General use on the rip and miter fences as needed.

    Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	432.1 KB ID:	863655

    More detail in this thread:
    https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...ence-and-rails
    Last edited by LCHIEN; 09-11-2026, 09:59 AM.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

    Comment

    • LCHIEN
      Super Moderator
      • Dec 2002
      • 22085
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

      #3
      Originally posted by SpinDoctor53
      I ordered some t nuts (1" x 5/16-18) from them. Arrived pretty quick. I've been trying to ode some 1-1/8th w/1/8th hole *.and every time I try l get website cannot be reached messages after I pick what I want and ty to complete the order. Is it my Internet connection? Their website? The kids would was up.
      * I'll drill and tap for a 5/16-24. Short thread engagement for greater strength. Need the large t nuts for adding fence rail extrusions which I will have to cut down.
      T-nuts.com seems to be not responding right now. Maybe give it a couple of days if there is a server problem. Not associated with T-nuts in any way.
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

      Comment

      • SpinDoctor53
        Forum Newbie
        • Sep 2026
        • 11

        #4
        Finally got the order to go through. If I had access to a mill and a lathe I would make my own. And I would use metric threads as you get more engagement for the equivalent screw size. As a former machinist l can say ISO tapped holes are so much easier. You never have to look at a tap drill chart. Unless you have to find a fractional, number or letter size if you do not have the needed drill.

        Comment

        • LCHIEN
          Super Moderator
          • Dec 2002
          • 22085
          • Katy, TX, USA.
          • BT3000 vintage 1999

          #5
          Don't need a mill and lathe, Read my description of how to make your own.

          I also have a article on the small T-nuts for the left hand slot in the rip fence face, somewhere.
          Ah, here:

          https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...nce-attachment

          Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	1.18 MB ID:	863668
          Last edited by LCHIEN; 09-12-2026, 08:10 PM.
          Loring in Katy, TX USA
          If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
          BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

          Comment

          • LCHIEN
            Super Moderator
            • Dec 2002
            • 22085
            • Katy, TX, USA.
            • BT3000 vintage 1999

            #6
            Originally posted by SpinDoctor53
            I ordered some t nuts (1" x 5/16-18) from them. Arrived pretty quick. I've been trying to ode some 1-1/8th w/1/8th hole *.and every time I try l get website cannot be reached messages after I pick what I want and ty to complete the order. Is it my Internet connection? Their website? The kids would was up.
            * I'll drill and tap for a 5/16-24. Short thread engagement for greater strength. Need the large t nuts for adding fence rail extrusions which I will have to cut down.
            Glad you were able to place your order when t-nuts came back on line. They have been a long time supporter of this forum.
            Loring in Katy, TX USA
            If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
            BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

            Comment

            • aiyou
              SawdustZone Patron
              • Mar 2006
              • 110
              • Charlotte, NC
              • BT3100

              #7
              Checking in...yes, the t-nuts.com site is having issues. I'll be in the process of moving this to a new solution in the coming days

              SpinDoctor53, sending you a PM.
              Robert

              Comment

              • dbhost
                Slow and steady
                • Apr 2008
                • 9562
                • League City, Texas
                • Ryobi BT3100

                #8
                aiyou Please post up here to let folks know when you get the site settled in. This is a pretty important resource for the BT3X00 users as well as a LOT of various woodworking applications...

                Best of luck getting it going again!
                Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

                Comment

                • aiyou
                  SawdustZone Patron
                  • Mar 2006
                  • 110
                  • Charlotte, NC
                  • BT3100

                  #9
                  Making progress on the new site

                  Working though the technical settings for shipping , payment and discounts and still need to get the domain redirected .

                  There may be some bumps along the way, but it should be an overall better experience once live.

                  Thanks for the patience

                  Comment

                  • aiyou
                    SawdustZone Patron
                    • Mar 2006
                    • 110
                    • Charlotte, NC
                    • BT3100

                    #10
                    And..it's still in progress.
                    Attempting to work through a DNS issue when attempting to take the new site live.

                    Comment

                    • aiyou
                      SawdustZone Patron
                      • Mar 2006
                      • 110
                      • Charlotte, NC
                      • BT3100

                      #11
                      And...It lives!

                      The site is back online - thank you for your patience!

                      Comment

                      Working...